• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    rolleyes

I'm sorry, but your comment is pure cheese! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    This man's easily one of the boldest and most valuable men ever to pass through the film music medium.

"They're heeeere...."
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf. Tell me what you want; Desplat, Delerue, Rombi, Giacchino, brings out all the CHEESE i have in me!

n.p. MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 4

I won't even comment 'cause i'll drown you with it!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm on my first listen too. I already feel like I've said enough. It's EXACTLY the release it needed.

Proper comments later...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    n.p. [b]MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 4

"Landing Party" is THE cue I was looking for, for one of my fav moments of the season. I love these "goodbye" moments in a tv show or movie, and this one was pretty damn well scored.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Pf. Tell me what you want; Desplat, Delerue, Rombi, Giacchino, brings out all the CHEESE i have in me!

n.p. MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 4

Oh... dear god... so many... euphemisms... MUST... NOT... GIVE IN.... crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am SO in love with the music of season 4; best season of the show itself, and it shows in the movie. When i hear pieces like Locke'ing Horns, Time And Time Again and the constant i feel like crying; THAT much is how i absolutely adore this music. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am SO in love with the music of season 4; best season of the show itself, and it shows in the movie. When i hear pieces like Locke'ing Horns, Time And Time Again and the constant i feel like crying;

Add "Landing Party" to the list. One of the most dramatic cues of the show ever. A great arrangement of the O6 theme. Awesome.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Likewise...I can't say it's doing much for me now as I've heard it so many times, but even "The Constant" nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I'm immensely looking forward to "Can't Kill Keamy", "Lying For The Island" and "Landing Party", although I think I'm going to watch all 3 eps of There's No Place Like Home back to back tonight and then listen.

P.S. I doubt anyone has noticed it, but why are "Benundrum" and "Bodies And Bungalows" switched? Chronological order is broken!

(This happened on the s2 soundtrack as well with a couple of cues!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am SO in love with the music of season 4; best season of the show itself, and it shows in the movie. When i hear pieces like Locke'ing Horns, Time And Time Again and the constant i feel like crying;

Add "Landing Party" to the list. One of the most dramatic cues of the show ever. A great arrangement of the O6 theme. Awesome.

Ji Yeon almost brought me there as well smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Likewise...I can't say it's doing much for me now as I've heard it so many times, but even "The Constant" nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I'm immensely looking forward to "Can't Kill Keamy", "Lying For The Island" and "Landing Party", although I think I'm going to watch all 3 eps of There's No Place Like Home back to back tonight and then listen.

P.S. I doubt anyone has noticed it, but why are "Benundrum" and "Bodies And Bungalows" switched? Chronological order is broken!

Anthony will you do a track by track analysis for this score cd (season 4) as well? I am mostly interested to what scene accompanies what smile Or perhaps you already did it and i missed it shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "Looking Glass Half Full" is the only cue that has actually made me cry, but many others have come close.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Anthony will you do a track by track analysis for this score cd (season 4) as well? I am mostly interested to what scene accompanies what smile Or perhaps you already did it and i missed it shame

I've already done it about 4 times with my initial predictions (90% correct!) but I'll post it later tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

I've already done it about 4 times with my initial predictions (90% correct!) but I'll post it later tonight.

Want!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    "Looking Glass Half Full" is the only cue that has actually made me cry, but many others have come close.

That's from season 3, right?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok...doing it now...check the Lost thread in 10 minutes...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yes, [spoiler]when Charlie drowns.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yes, [spoiler]when Charlie drowns.[/spoiler]

Ah yeah; that's a very touching musical (and not only) moment.

Man, i can't wait for my Season 4 to arrive!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, "Can't Kill Keamy" really doesn't sound that beefy without the sound of helicopter rotor blades as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Can´t stop playing "Landing Party".

Can´t help it but start thinking how much of this we are gonna hear in Úbeda lick lick
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope Giacchino arranges some season 4 stuff, rather than recycling the season 1 suite or The Lost Symphony.

In fact, I will be very unhappy if we get full symphonic music. Yeah, full orchestras are great, but it sounds frikkin' weird when they play Lost music.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What is with that incredibly tacky, unused opening to Hoffs-Drawlar? vomit
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    I haven't listened to it yet actually.

*adds it to "must check out" list*

if you appreciate hearing a borrowed theme as main theme, you'll definitely enjoy it
    I would give it 4 if it wasn't for that theme

http://www.alanwilliams.com/ProjectPage … ss_pp.html

Check out the track "Sword Play"

-Erik-

yep, that's the one, there are of course much bolder statements of this theme
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Batman : The Animated Series - Shirley Walker

A great animated series with fantastic music !
    'nuff said ...

punk
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    S.p. Giacchino's FREIGHTER THEME SCOREGASM*

* a.k.a. LOST SEASON 4
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's not even in it that much. I'm glad they managed to fit the arrival at the freighter cue on there as in the show it appears as a very short chopped up cue.

The highlight for me definitely has to be The Constant, There's No Place Like Home and Lying For The Island. Des and Penny's theme is one of the few that still does anything for me.

I now deeply regret watching season 4 so much. cry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Also, if you read the linear notes it looks like Townson put it together rather than Giacchino....? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Desplat -> This man's easily one of the boldest and most valuable men ever to pass through the film music medium.

Gooooooood LORD! shocked One of the most valuable men ever to pass through the film music medium?!

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    I haven't listened to it yet actually.

*adds it to "must check out" list*

if you appreciate hearing a borrowed theme as main theme, you'll definitely enjoy it
    I would give it 4 if it wasn't for that theme

http://www.alanwilliams.com/ProjectPage … ss_pp.html

Check out the track "Sword Play"

-Erik-

yep, that's the one, there are of course much bolder statements of this theme

BTW, he rips on Broughton's Young Sherlock Holmes in that cue as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. The Big Picture (Erich Kunzel & Cincinatti Pops)

My most recent purchased compilation. I nearly didn't know of its existence. You know who you are who recommended it to me. wink

And what an very enjoyable one it is... While some tracks take getting used to in how they're different from the originals it's refreshing to hear stuff such as Speed, Crimson Tide, Twister and Dragonheart played by a full orchestra. Of those synthesized ones I particularly love Twister and Dragonheart, which are faithful and bring something new as well. Truly brilliant renditions are Batman Forever, Independence Day (totally rocking), Cutthroat Island (superbly fun), Executive Decision (I'm not kidding), Stargate and even Jumanji, which sounds better than the original, unbelievably !! And Gettysburg gets a rousing performance too, a perfect close if I ever heard one.
    As for some negatives, the synthesized choir in a couple of tracks doesn't mix well with the orchestra, such as in Braveheart where it painfully sticks out. Also Speed is one track that doesn't really work performed this way. And The Last of the Mohicans misses the power just a little bit from the original album. But that's only nitpicking because the music on offer here is of the awesome sort so it remains highly entertaining throughout.

And Boy oh boy, those sound effects really make my speakers hurt. But they're fun !!

I immensely enjoyed this Kunzel... it features a nice selection from high profile scores, many which are considered classics in my book. If only we could see a release every year for such a cool collection of cues, I would be very happy for the rest of my life.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.