• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 4

The most passionate, sentimental and moving music from the entire LOST series so far.

I'm not quite sure season 1 was a very mystic and passionate score, and season 3 is very diverse in themes ( and It has Juliet's and the Island themes" ).

But ...Season 4 is another treasure!
  1. I gave it 2 and a half
    3 tracks out of a dozen isn't worth 3 stars
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I gave it 2 and a half

confused

MASADA | goldsmith

Steven's comment made me have a listen to this one again. What has already been said about this does not t be said again (but Road to Masada is one massive propulsive cue!)
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I gave it 2 and a half

confused

MASADA | goldsmith

Steven's comment made me have a listen to this one again. What has already been said about this does not t be said again (but Road to Masada is one massive propulsive cue!)

I'll listen to it again Bregt, just for you wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

MASADA | goldsmith

cheesy

I wish the promo/bootleg sounded as good as the official album, there's some fantastic cues missing from it.

Come ooon Intrada....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Bear McCreary

Oh god I want season 4 so bad.
  3. Steven wrote

Yes, I'm also keen to hear it.
    However I don't think there'll be any action setpieces quite as epic as 'Storming New Caprica' and 'Mandala in the Clouds' on that one, unless it was from the finale episode. (But it's always hard to tell until you hear them outside of the show - without the sound effects!)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes, I'm also keen to hear it.
    However I don't think there'll be any action setpieces quite as epic as 'Storming New Caprica' and 'Mandala in the Clouds' on that one, unless it was from the finale episode. (But it's always hard to tell until you hear them outside of the show - without the sound effects!)

Want it badly too; i think season 3 is the strongest so far though, musically-speaking. All in all, this man's music's a really special case.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You make it sound like a retarded child. biggrin

(I agree though, good stuff indeed.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    KILLZONE 2 - Joris De Man

On the whole a very good action score, and also an awesome game score. While it utilities the orchestra well for a lot of the cutscene cues, it feels wildly inconsistent in a lot of the action music where it's been switched for MV sounding synths. And considering how good the real orchestra cues sound, it would be interesting to hear the whole score performed properly.

While that's certainly true, if you can get past the synth sound, it's still a surprisingly good score that thrives on the good orchestration and arrangement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Lost season 4

God, this score is HUGE.

But it doesn't have the highlights of Season 3: kate's theme, Juliett's theme and The Island's theme wich I really love. it doesn't have the synth touch wich make some really atmospheric moments.

Anyway, all lost scores are like scores for diferent movies. Each one has his own central themes. And Season 4 is not an exeption. It has the same in common with lost season 1 than with M:I3.

PS: I saw 2 Desplat scores are realeased, wich is the best to beggin with???
  4. I'd "beggin" with Dictionary.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    I'd "beggin" with Dictionary.com

...and don't forget a spoonful of that medicine for thy self.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote

God, this score is HUGE.

But it doesn't have the highlights of Season 3: kate's theme, Juliett's theme and The Island's theme wich I really love. it doesn't have the synth touch wich make some really atmospheric moments.

Anyway, all lost scores are like scores for diferent movies. Each one has his own central themes. And Season 4 is not an exeption. It has the same in common with lost season 1 than with M:I3.

PS: I saw 2 Desplat scores are realeased, wich is the best to beggin with???

Have you ever considered installing auto spell check on firefox? I have, it's a lifesaver at times.

I'm actually being serious. This will come as a shock to many (okay, perhaps just Tom), but not everything I say is a backhanded sarcastic comment... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : PLATOON - Georges Delerue

Lovely score, I honestly don't think this film needed Barber's Adagio, in fact, I blame this film for it's infernal overuse in everything from documentaries to comedy.

Absolutely gorgeous score;

Do you agree with me on the use of Barber?

^
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Lovely score, I honestly don't think this film needed Barber's Adagio, in fact, I blame this film for it's infernal overuse in everything from documentaries to comedy.

^

Not really but can you blame me? i am a total sucker for that piece! But indeed, it was the start-point of the overuse to death of the said piece in every instance, since.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

God, this score is HUGE.

Yet it's the quickest hour and twenty minutes of music I've probably ever heard. *Play*..and it's over. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

God, this score is HUGE.

Yet it's the quickest hour and twenty minutes of music I've probably ever heard. *Play*..and it's over. cry

You're very strange...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

^

Not really but can you blame me? i am a total sucker for that piece! But indeed, it was the start-point of the overuse to death of the said piece in every instance, since.

I thought you'd say that, fair enough wink

It is such a beautiful piece of music and yet it's been blighted for me by it's annoying overuse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

God, this score is HUGE.

Well, i can't say it's better than season 1 and 3 scores, but it has some "hightlights" worth to die for.

NP:Red Planet (Revell)

Agree with D.

Thematically strong (the best theme,by far, from Revell). A mix of New Age, Chill Out and electronic music.

Mars Red Planet featuring the instrumental version of the main theme is great.

PS:Montokpoint, even not being from revell, it's hipnotic an a great experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Fast and Furious - Brian Tyler
    3rd of the way through first listen.

Surprisingly interesting.

The action writing is denser than Tokyo Drift and thus more reminiscent of Eagle Eye than the former score.

Also and best, there are some little things that I've never heard from Tyler before... i.e. the sparkly crystally things in the second half of "Amends."

I am glad that my $13 was, in fact, not wasted. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Batman & Robin Elliot Goldenthal

This 2 disc bootleg is absolutely atrocious... in the sound quality department of course. The score is a different matter altogether!

This is a masterful score from Goldenthal. It's operatic, epic and Gothic film music at its best. Although ironically the worst Batman film (and perhaps the worst film of all time), it did provide Goldenthal with a wide canvas to produce some very diverse scoring.

I imagine many people will disagree with me here, but I think this is by far the best Batman score out there. Yep, better than Elfman's!
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...but my god the sound is awful. sad
  5. Brave call on the score. I see what you mean.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    ...but my god the sound is awful. sad

I'm sure it'll get a release one day!?

Is it the worst film ever? It's certainly a contender for Worst Big Budget Film Ever, cripes! I even went to the cinema to see it. slant shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Brave call on the score. I see what you mean.

I understand many will at the very least prefer Elfman's theme over Goldenthal's (and I would probably agree), but the rest of the score just shines like few others. (A rare beauty you might say.)

It would no doubt be one of my most listened-to scores if it wasn't for the terrible sound on the bootleg. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE DA VINCI CODE - Hans Zimmer

Rapidly becoming my favourite Zimmer score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Will Angels & Demons surpass it? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote

We'll see although i am not sure it will!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

I don't know but unusually for me I'm quite looking forward to the Zimmer score.