• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    The third and fourth discs have the most musically stunning moments of the whole trilogy IMO! wink

Yeap!!! i have he thrid disc in my mp3.

NP:United 93.

"phone calls" is really impressive.

The whole score is a big achievement imo; especially when experienced within the very strong movie it accompanies.

The entire build up to The End is breathtaking and spine chilling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009 edited
    NP:Star Trek Saga (Goldsmith)

Let me make some little analysis:

Star Trek the motion picture: The masterpice.A perfect score from start to finish.

Now...

Star Trek The final Frontier: Good: A great combination of beauty and wild action. thematically very reach. Bad: The synthetiser in God's theme, I find it annoying.

Star Trel First Contact: Good: the main theme and the action music from Jerry. Bad: Joel's stuff ( I will not discuss this, Erik. It's just my thought)

Star Trek Insurrection: Good:The romantic Trek score, some great beauty on it Bad: the action is in autopilot, specially the US marshal's motif.

Star Trek Nemesis:Good: the brother in law of total recall. I love the atmospheric stuff, with electronics and bells.The action is superb. Bad:Remus theme is cool, but overused. Thematically poor.
  1. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: V for Vendetta ~ Dario Marianelli
    Remember, remember... one of the most uplifting scores, on e of my favourite momments in English history!

Such a brilliant movie!

A top 100 of all time?

It is definitely in the top 50
    perhaps even 30

Ha, fair enough. It's good, but not that good.

Btw, I absolutely love the score. My favourite Marianelli score thus far by far.

No, this movie is for me a 10 out of 10
    Great Acting, hell of a script, excellent music
    A Message
    And an explosive End

What else do you need? smile

NP: THE GOOD SON -- Elmer Bernstein
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Star Trek III (Horner)

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty happy with the amount of score on the album.

Same here.
    Excellent representation. I'm not looking for anything more.
    (I'd be happy with a little less at the end in fact... slant )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    But the man was just a mercenary, having done explosives and some mediocre sergeanting for the Spanish. slant
    So basically we're asked to remember what amounts to a bounty hunter, or -failing that- the idea which he stood for, which was basically "revenge is good, blowing things up even better".

Why not? smile

Indeed.
    I propose a statue for Boba Fett, and a special holiday named for Crazy Harry.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. NP: THE LIBRARIAN 3: CURSE OF THE JUDAS CHALICE -- Joseph LoDuca

Same typical fluff like the first 2, meaning it works smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote

Even if the expansion only included the death of the Enterprise I would be very happy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Same here.

It IS a good representation but I want MORE!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I've watched this many times - indeed the second film - and think the existing albums are excellent presentations. Goldsmith's first two Trek scores are the ones which I think would benefit most from expansion (while- again - they are fine albums as is, there's enough fine unreleased music in ST:TMP and ST 5 to merit the treatment).

It's not so much the expansion of Trek II and III that I want it's the remastering job that I'd be the most interested in.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Star Trek Nemesis:Good: the brother in law of total recall.

Good Lord NO! This is no where near Total Recall. Try Deep Rising!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I've watched this many times - indeed the second film - and think the existing albums are excellent presentations. Goldsmith's first two Trek scores are the ones which I think would benefit most from expansion (while- again - they are fine albums as is, there's enough fine unreleased music in ST:TMP and ST 5 to merit the treatment).

It's not so much the expansion of Trek II and III that I want it's the remastering job that I'd be the most interested in.

-Erik-

Me too. It would be improved sonics that I think would be the greatest benefit of new albums for the two Horner scores.
  3. Martijn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Same here.

Actually, if you know the STAR TREK II album, by the time you get to the end of the STAR TREK III album, you've effectively heard that main theme suite FOUR times. I know what you mean! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. NP: The Machinist (Roque Banos)

Is there any score more languid and characteristic of weariness?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote

Call me crazy, but I think Horner's first Trek score is far superior to his second. More energy, more sci-fi-swashbuckle and much more scoregasmic. Saying that, I do like adding 'Stealing The Enterprise' to the Wrath of Khan album just to make it last a little longer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

-Erik-

But wouldn't you complain about the quality of the remastering? How there might be too much reverb? or too dry? or whatever, too high fidelity? crazy

shocked

moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

-Erik-

But wouldn't you complain about the quality of the remastering? How there might be too much reverb? or too dry? or whatever, too high fidelity? crazy

shocked

moon

Huh?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Cutthroat Island - John Debney

Now this is one real fun action/adventure score! YEAAH!! punkpunkpunkpunk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Call me crazy, but I think Horner's first Trek score is far superior to his second. More energy, more sci-fi-swashbuckle and much more scoregasmic. Saying that, I do like adding 'Stealing The Enterprise' to the Wrath of Khan album just to make it last a little longer.

Crazy boy wave crazy

Now go play Katra Ritual & Return To Vulcan LOUD!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: The Machinist (Roque Banos)

Try "The Kovak Box", also by Baños.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I saw the film the other night, enjoyed the score but the film was dreadful.

NP : ONE LITTLE INDIAN - Jerry Goldsmith

First listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I saw the film the other night, enjoyed the score but the film was dreadful.

Yep, the film is terrible. Roque Baños is scoring the next film by this director, "Cell 211".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Crazy boy wave crazy

Now go play Katra Ritual & Return To Vulcan LOUD!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree they're both very good tracks (if a little... slow) - just not as good as 'Main Title', 'Surprise Attack', 'Kirk's Explosive Reply', 'Enterprise Clears Moorings', 'Battle in the Matura Nebula', 'Genesis Countdown' and 'Epilogue/End Title' from Star Trek II. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Legends of Hollywood Vol. 3 - Franz Waxman

Stunning music from my favorite Golden Age composer. Richard Mills conducts the Queensland Symphony Orchestra featuring wonderful arrangements of some of Waxman's most beloved scores and some unknown gems! Night Unto Night is one of those gems. A haunting score by Waxman. The Furies is a 7 minute toe tapper and my favorite suite on this album. The album concludes with two fabulous Waxman efforts - Mr. Skeffington and a 12 minute plus suite from The Silver Chalice. Awesome sonics with spirited and heartfelt performances by the Queensland Orchestra.

Great album!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Call me crazy, but I think Horner's first Trek score is far superior to his second.

You're crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Call me Ishmael, incidentally.
    Or call me in the morning if things don't get better after two aspirins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Call me Ishmael, incidentally.
    Or call me in the morning if things don't get better after two aspirins.

I have news for you Ishmael. I just saw a big white whale running around the corner. You may still catch it if you move fast!

Run Ishmael...run!!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Call me Forest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I have a nice box of chocolates for you. I've eaten some, I hope you don't mind!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Chocolates? lick
    Call me!
    Period!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're a strange man, Period.