• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    Route 66 Nelson Riddle
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Girl Talk. Anyone care to guess the composer and the movie?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No idea, Tom, but I love the Neal Hefti song Girl Talk as sung by Julie London, a true classic.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It was a film score for a flick called Harlow
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    It was a film score for a flick called Harlow

And this I did know. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    Get a glass of your favourite tipple, kick your shoes off, put your feet up and CHILL OUT love cool

p.s. she was one very good looking broad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/s … -korsakov/

new review
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    One of THE greatest works indeed, Tom. Everyone who loves orchestral music should have this but it might take some nudging around these here parts.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SYMPHONY # 3 'PASTORAL' - Ralph Vaughan Williams

It's balmy and slightly overcast and I can't consider anything better to play than what I am playing right now, no words of mine can do justice to such sublime beauty.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    NP : BEST OF - WAR

Chilled out funky licks, perfect, really perfect for a blazing hot afternoon, loads of cooking tracks but the band are best known for THIS TRACK
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    NP: GREATEST HITS (10CC)

Right now..."Wall Street Shuffle". These are mostly the early Godley/Creme classics from the 70's. Art rock at its best.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    Thor wrote
    NP: GREATEST HITS (10CC)

Right now..."Wall Street Shuffle". These are mostly the early Godley/Creme classics from the 70's. Art rock at its best.

Indeed, Thor, some good stuff there.

NP : THE GREAT SYMPHONIES - Various Artists

A sampler that came with Classic FM magazine, a very pleasent compilation of works by Brahms, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Schubert, Dvorak etc etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    NP: TWELVE DREAMS OF THE SUN (Jean Michel Jarre)

Jarre's millennium concert by the pyramids of Egypt. Not available commercially.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010 edited
    NP: TUMBLEWEED CONNECTION - ELTON JOHN

I'm only really a fan of the early part of Elton's long career (1969-75ish) and this is a truly standout moment from that period. Excellent album.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    Superb album indeed, LSH, but his magnum opus still remains GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010 edited
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a good all-rounder and another great album but Tumbleweed Connection is such an understated and sadly almost forgotten record full of gorgeous melodies. Plus the string arrangements from Paul Buckmaster are excellent (esp. on Come Down In Time - just sumptuous).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    Philip Glass and his string quartet #4. Very nice material.
  1. LSH wrote
    ...and another great album but Tumbleweed Connection is such an understated and sadly almost forgotten record full of gorgeous melodies...

Oh TUMBLEWEED! I thought you meant The Grumbleweeds. rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SIGN O' THE TIMES - Prince

The mans a cock but he's also genius, this is a superb album.
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : SIGN O' THE TIMES - Prince

The mans a cock but he's also genius, this is a superb album.

A purple one?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Most likely wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    A wild wild wild track for me. I'm listening to Ectasy of Gold performed by Metallica. This is an experience and my once golden ears might be permanently damaged.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavi, what's up?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    A wild wild wild track for me. I'm listening to Ectasy of Gold performed by Metallica. This is an experience and my once golden ears might be permanently damaged.
    Thomas

biggrin

I quite like that version Tom.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE CREAM OF - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel

Very nostalgic for me, 1970's pop at it's best cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE ORCHESTRAL TUBULAR BELLS - Mike Oldfield

Excellent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavi, what's up?

Ehhh... what do you mean love?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    More Rimsky-Korsakov, the master of color and orchestration this morning. For some reason today I want to listen to everything he did.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavi, what's up?

Ehhh... what do you mean love?

I mean how are you, how are things these days smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    More Rimsky-Korsakov, the master of color and orchestration this morning. For some reason today I want to listen to everything he did.
    Thomas

A pleasurable day indeed then Tom beer