• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    perhaps my least favorite one is Basil the Rat

*sniff

I found that one hilarious.

Peter smile

Probably because it is our least viewed FT episode, maybe we should watch it again, to see if we missed something. smile

yeah, my least favourite doesn't mean it is weak, hell I would give it 8 out of 10. But the others are simply for me so much better, or at least legendary
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I say we watch it again come saturday dude, you know while eating... wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    I say we watch it again come saturday dude, you know while eating... wink

who knows, it will be a good appetizer for Lethal Weapon 4 tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    plindboe wrote
    While religion certainly can be as destructive as we see in that movie, no one knows for sure what happened to the library of Alexandria or even when. Likely it was dismantled over time due to various conflicts over the centuries. <- this is my impression from a bit of online research, but I'm no historian by any means.

Thanks, it looks like it's indeed various events according to Wikipedia, with conquests of too many peoples and religions.

As for the demotivator, they're obviously always exaggerations. smile
    Kazoo
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Another fine week-end it will be! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Apart from Lethal Weapon 4, presumably.
  5. Certainly not. LW4 is a hoot, big fun all the way. I've seen it too many times already, the perfect ending to the series as far as I'm concerned. I know Thomas will agree.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011 edited
    James is right that it's rubbish but boy is it OTT fun biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Rubbish it may well be, what we get at the end of it is a very good time, and that's all that matters. smile

Besides you can tell the movie was made by a close circle of long-time buddies that put every effort in it to make it work. And it shows!
  7. Southall wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Apart from Lethal Weapon 4, presumably.

for me, this is what I want in a movie, emotion, dynamite action and a lot of laughs and cheers.
    Lethal Weapon 4 kicks ass punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    You Don't Know Jack

Forget the awful title, this HBO movie is very impressive. Comes with quite a pedigree (Al Pacino stars, Barry Levinson directs). About "Dr Death", Jack Kevorkian, who made euthanasia an issue in the US for a while before being jailed. Hugely thought-provoking - I lay awake for hours thinking about the subject afterwards.

Superb score by Marcelo Zarvos (very Thomas Newman-like - orchestral Newman, that is) which I would love to own on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    For the subject matter, that may be one of the worst titles I've ever come across. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    I was almost tempted to watch the Rugby but The Empire Strikes Back is on for the 125th time so it's a no contest. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Timmer wrote
    I was almost tempted to watch the Rugby but The Empire Strikes Back is on for the 125th time so it's a no contest. wink

you have chosen .... wisely
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    I did! biggrin
  9. Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Well, is this quite the pleasant surprise. I kinda see it like Sin City but then for video games, making for a most original concept. I love Edgar Wright's (Shaun of the Dead / Hot Fuzz) humor and the original concept (about a guy that has to battle the 7 ex'es of his girlfriend) is at times hilarious. But the movie is also a visual (and from what I read) audio winner. Now I see where the 60 million budget went because the effects are absolutely flawless (especially the second fight with Chris Evans shows me this aplenty).

Bro, no worries I'll show it to you (but you'll have to wait until the end of march) wink
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Scott-Pil … 27/#Review

8 out of 10
  10. Well yeah okay... Looks cool enough. smile
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    Well yeah okay... Looks cool enough. smile

you have no idea what to expect smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    True Grit as a favor to a friend. Really crap
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    sdtom wrote
    True Grit as a favor to a friend. Really crap

Is this the remake Tom ?
    It opens here this week I think ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited
    I haven't seen any bad reviews for the film, the worst I read is that it was an unnecessary remake. I like Jeff Bridges ( and the Coen brothers ) a lot but I won't be seeing this until it gets released on DVD
  12. I've heard that rather than being a pure remake, they took the novel and did it anew.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's what I've heard too. As for the original film with John Wayne, as I've said elsewhere, I've never rated it that highly, an entertaining film with a fine score by Elmer Bernstein.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    The plot is just so hokey. Jeff Bridges isn't John Wayne which was probably bad for me going in.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I've never been able to see the charm of John Wayne. He didn't appear to have much of a range either, unlike Jeff Bridges.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jeff Bridges is, IMO, one of the great American actors, John Wayne, like Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson was very good at doing what he did, which was being John Wayne.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Jeff Bridges is, IMO, one of the great American actors, John Wayne, like Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson was very good at doing what he did, which was being John Wayne.

Jeff Bridges is an outstanding actor. He was a lot more versatile than Wayne could ever have been. Big Lebowski, Crazy Heart, Fabulous Baker Boys, Fisher King, Morning After and I even liked Tucker, King Kong, and Seabiscuit. But this film along with Mirror Has Two Faces and 8 Million Ways To Die were awful. Tommy Lee Jones if he had been available would have been more suitable but alas he wasn't.

Maybe I just couldn't get passed the use of no contractions in the dialog or the female lead who looked as believable as Sharon Stone in the Quick and the Dead.
    Thomas smile

Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And this is nominated for an Oscar, give me a break.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011 edited
    THE SOCIAL NETWORK

Liked it. A fine script, complex in structure yet easy to follow, even if the subject matter was completely alien to me. I never understood the whole facebook thing and I don't care about its existence, though the film foremost tells the story of what goes on with the people that came up with the idea, facebook is just the background layer of the film. Performance-wise nothing to remark, except all main parts were played to perfection. And I'm shocked to see those weren't real twins. I was totally fooled. And Timberlake plays a very memorable part. Shows the guy is very talented.

This movie went by at breakneck speed, and that's a good thing, shows the structure and plot were crafted to perfection, and the momentum of the storytelling never slowing down.

As for the score... It's quite simple, I will NEVER listen to it outside of the film, I will not waste my precious time by doing so.

So will I watch it again? Most likely, there's something underneath the surface of this film that makes it worth it to see multiple times.
  13. cool, looking forward to see it

as for the score, stay away from it, you hear me?