• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Oh well Tom, remember that Christopher Lee played Fu Manchu in a few movies wink

True enough Tim. Peter Ustinov also played Charlie Chan in one movie.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    Mr Wong, Detective. This was an early Monogram film that was meant to compete with Charlie Chan, Mr. Moto, and Sherlock Holmes with Boris Karloff in the starring role. How can an English actor be an Oriental sleuth. He went to school at Oxford.
    Thomas

This film's screenplay ended up being recycled again in Charlie Chan in Docks of New Orleans.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I watched the first half of Tron Legacy late last night and my God it is a visual feast! I'll watch the rest later tonight but I can't wait to see more! And Daft Punk's score is wonderful. It got a very generous mix.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I wasn't exactly blown away at the threatre, but that may have been due to the 3D which I found very awkward in this flick. I will watch this again at home, in much better conditions.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm never watching another film in 3D ever again. Avatar, IMHO, was the only film to do it right.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Yep , I hope the 3D rage blows over asap !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    In my opinion, Avatar and Tron: Legacy were the only films to do 3D in the right way. They're also the only ones to have the effect integrated into the whole thing (Tron didn't use it all the time, but only in specific scenes, which gave a great effect. It was also, like in Avatar, more depth than things sticking in your eye). They're also the few films that were shot for 3D right from the start, using the most advance technologies. For me, those are the 2 only real 3D films to have come out. All the rest is fake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BobdH wrote
    In my opinion, Avatar and Tron: Legacy were the only films to do 3D in the right way. They're also the only ones to have the effect integrated into the whole thing (Tron didn't use it all the time, but only in specific scenes, which gave a great effect. It was also, like in Avatar, more depth than things sticking in your eye). They're also the few films that were shot for 3D right from the start, using the most advance technologies. For me, those are the 2 only real 3D films to have come out. All the rest is fake.

Couldn't agree more.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011
    I haven't seen anything other than AVATAR in 3D except for various IMAX films.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    I watched the first half of Tron Legacy late last night and my God it is a visual feast! I'll watch the rest later tonight but I can't wait to see more! And Daft Punk's score is wonderful. It got a very generous mix.

I just finished the movie and I absolutely loved it! Right up my alley! While the film itself is predictable it's surprisingly dramatic and the ending incredibly emotional. And as I said above this is a visual feast. You're eyes will love you for viewing this digital work of art! The spacecraft dog fight was spectacular. The animators gave those ships some real weight and almost every single effect in the film look very natural (the updated light cycles were AWESOME.) And your ears will love you as well as Daft Punk's score is pretty much... well, I hate to say it... but it's perfect! I'm so glad I picked it as one of the Top 3 scores of 2010.

Oh yeah... Clue... I was presently surprised that they pulled off the CGI young Jeff Bridges almost flawlessly. Very convincing!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Eric wrote
    Yep , I hope the 3D rage blows over asap !

Check the profit and loss of the 3D films and you'll have your answer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I watched the first episode last night of Living Dead. I can see the appeal but it isn't for me.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I also watched the second Mr Wong in the series and found it to be a pretty well done low budget thriller. I was fooled at whodunit.
    Tom
  2. We are all watching Up at the moment.

If ever there was a film you have to watch in order to "get" the music (I'm thinking of Giacchino's theme here) then this is that film. The composer molds the theme in so many ways.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Great little film, UP, once again with CGI characters that have more life in them than in your average blockbuster. Definitely Michael's most enjoyable for me since leaving the video game score harbour.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011
    The Conspirator is a new Robert Redford release about the woman who ran the boarding house where Booth plotted his assassination of Lincoln. Gripping court scenes, well acted, and depressing. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Civil War of the US otherwise pass.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The Conspirator is a new Robert Redford release about the woman who ran the boarding house where Booth plotted his assassination of Lincoln. Gripping court scenes, well acted, and depressing. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Civil War of the US otherwise pass.
    Thomas

It's the kind of film I like Tom, but I'll wait for a DVD release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It does tell one of our darker sides something I'm not proud of.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011 edited
    Can you name any country that doesn't have a darker side? I find history very fascinating, good and bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011
    True enough
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011
    WOWWWWW!

Just check this out...

http://kottke.org/11/04/speed-climbing-tall-mountains

Stunning! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011
    Timmer wrote
    WOWWWWW!

Just check this out...

Stunning! punk

shocked

He looks so calm and determined it is almost terrifying.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Timmer wrote
    WOWWWWW!

Just check this out...

Stunning! punk

Wow, Danny Boyle just figured out what's his sequel gonna be to 127 hours: 2 hours, 47 minutes cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011 edited
    Woow! shocked shocked shocked

Magnificent. Great shots and music too.
    Kazoo
  5. What is the music?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    'Welcome Home' by Radical Face:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8a4iiOnzsc
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ya beat me to it! biggrin beer
  6. Thank you!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Sleuth (1972)

It's a well acted cunning thriller, with Sir Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine. What I like is the simplicity of it all, just one story and only the essential characters matter to the film.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Life With Mars dealt with your football and I came to realize that the fans of the NFL are quite tame in comparison to the hooligans presented. I like the show but some of the one liners are a bit over my head. I really felt like saying you really don't speak English but some foreign language.
    Tom smile