• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011 edited
    edit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The best review headline I saw is 'Transformers - Robots In Demise'

biggrin

who cares if it made 400 million dollars world wide in just its opening weekend.

I do! It encourages more crappy film making.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Watching Rambo: First Blood Part II at the moment. I know this score very well indeed and I may just switch to the CD and not taint the music with the visuals!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Watching Rambo: First Blood Part II at the moment. I know this score very well indeed and I may just switch to the CD and not taint the music with the visuals!!

It's an awful film, watching it with mates and a few beers it's good for a piss-taking laugh.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The best review headline I saw is 'Transformers - Robots In Demise'

biggrin

who cares if it made 400 million dollars world wide in just its opening weekend.

I do! It encourages more crappy film making.

but that's the future guys. The worst film will get dozens of sequel, IF they all make money!

Bay and the producers will say what the hell to those remarks.

I'm gonna see it this weekend, will let you know what I'll think of it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Just watched the first episode of Falling Skies in the hope that it will be the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship.

But no. Typical ambling US series with all action happening at night to save on SFX, family relationships that will get in the way later.

Oh well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just watched the first episode of Falling Skies in the hope that it will be the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship.

But no. Typical ambling US series with all action happening at night to save on SFX, family relationships that will get in the way later.

Oh well.

I watched it too. Found it rather dull - was expecting more, given who's behind it. Will give it another chance next week.

Didn't notice who wrote the music but it sounded quite good, for tv.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just watched the first episode of Falling Skies in the hope that it will be the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship.

Oh well.

I watched it too. Found it rather dull - was expecting more, given who's behind it. Will give it another chance next week.

Didn't notice who wrote the music but it sounded quite good, for tv.

Noah Sorota, according to IMDB. Another minion from the RC factory.

As for the TV show....it's like 'Jericho' with aliens. Will watch a few more episodes to decide whether I keep watching it or not.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. You are both more forgiving than I am. It had the chance but blew it. Don't remember any of the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/hi-jacked-1950/

Still on my b-movie kick.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  5. There used to be regular B-movies on one particular channel a while back. Cheesy sci-fi movies but they were great for a late Friday/Saturday night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    Watched the double-episode premiere of the US remake of The Killing. Can already tell I'm going to be absolutely hooked on this.
  6. Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

Wow, pure visually and audio wise, this movie hits all the right buttons. Once again this is Bay at his best. But the problem, even I find the whole finale too overblown. At a specific time I wasn't so enthralled anymore with all the big battles. Plus I rather disliked the fact that the actors were placed on the background and that the robots took over their part of the acting. The first one perfectly blended that actor / robot action together, here I feel Shia's just a side kick. And even the beautiful love interest is nothing more than filling up the gaps with her screams and good looks (despite her decent acting).

I really enjoyed this film (enjoyment wise), but once again it doesn't come close to the brilliant first movie.

Oh, the music is great however. Much better than the second score, a lot of old themes and new variations are scattered throughout the film. My personal favorite was the freeway scene, aka for me also the best 15 minutes of the entire film. The music is excellent and bay delivers a Bad Boys II / The Island extravaganza that is thoroughly enjoyable

Movie 6 out of 10
    Score (so far) 7 out of 10
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011
    Megan.Fox.is.out.of.the.friggin.movie.

Most retarded decision ever wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

They replaced her with an equally bad automaton.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
    ...here I feel Shia's just a side kick.

As it SHOULD be. I don't give a flying fadoo about the human characters. Transformers is about Autobots vs. Decepticons and more specifically the feud between Prime and Megatron.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

They replaced her with an equally bad automaton.

Yeah but ages less hot.
  7. What would you have done if you were the director who was just compared to Hitler?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Grow a moustache.
  8. Spielberg told Bay to get rid of her after the comment (she didn't want to gain weight for the part, so she compared Bay to Hitler).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well obviously she's a generic Hollywood bimbo, it's not a surprise. She should shut up, and the rest, probably people of higher intelligence, should ignore the bratty californian attitude and let her go on in the movie, she's a no.1 selling point with the movie's target audience.
  9. I wasn't bothered by her role in the 2 films, but for me the chick from the third movie is as skinny as Fox, so there was no reason to ditch her
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    It didn't have anything to do with her figure. Reportedly, Fox was uncomfortable with the way Bay shot her and used her as a sexsymbol (a concern she already told about in an interview with Empire after the first movie). Bay, meanwhile, is a very direct and hands-on director who doesn't waste time on set (I can imagine he has bigger issues on set than talking with his actors) and has, according to Fox, 'no social skills' to sit down with her and talk about the way he portrays her. It made her feel uncomfortable on set on both first movies, which she talked about to a magazine, comparing Bay to Napoleon and Hitler. It was Spielberg (Jewish as he is), not Bay, who had her fired upon this remark. I don't really mind; Fox and the new one are both non-descript lingerie models that add little more to the film then eye candy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited
    Megan fox uncomfortable with being marketed as a sex symbol is the most idiotic thing i've heard today.

http://images.google.com/search?tbm=isc … &uss=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited
    TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON **

Was about to see this in IMAX, but it turned out to be sold out, so we had to get to another city to catch this at least in 3D. Shame, because this probably works best in IMAX. Still, fan though I am of taking time to develop plot, situations and characters in a nice and long film, even I felt Transformers could do with a little trimming. Biggest problem, though, was the sudden ditching of characters when it neared the big showdown in the final act, making this feel like a different movie entire. Why all that exposition when it doesn't flow neatly into the big finale?

Still, Bay knows how to shoot action, light his subjects and use slowmo (unlike that other guy, Hack Snyder) and even uses a few neat set pieces (the crumbling building) that is exactly why you watch a film like Transformers. Problem is, you don't really care for nor follow the characters, while Bay inserts several weird, nonsensical shots that even had me laughing in a film where you expect nonsensical things (the shot where Hot Lingerie Model looks at the camera, for example, with behind her: an explosion, a car flying by, AND robots fighting; wonder what Bay's direction was here: "what's happening behind you? Ah, nothing you haven't seen before a million times by now").

By the way, it was my first Real-D 3D film (having watched all previous films in IMAX 3D), and it turned out to be incredibly straining for the eyes, which was a first for me; I had to close 'em several times to keep them 'awake'. Also, the reflection of the big, white seatnumber at the bottom left of my glasses was annoying (as if watching a watermarked film), while the glasses were just too small. I don't want to be watching at the corner of my glasses the whole film. Man, this sucks. From now on, only SELECT films in 3D, and only in IMAX.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011
    Michael Bay is a glorified Pepsi commercial director... that's it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. I haven't seen Transformers 3 (Pearl Harbour was the last trip I did with Michael Bay), but one of the least snobby people I know did, and this was what they sent me by email about it:

Where do I start? I took my 8-year-old nephew to see this film, taking the precaution of setting my expectations suitably low. Turns out that was like trying to survive a fire by drinking a glass of water. This truly was the most over-blown, confused, pointless, boring, half-hearted, badly acted, inane, ridiculous piece of garbage I've ever had the misfortune to see. Why have you done this to the world, Michael Bay - why?!

wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Grow a moustache.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    I haven't seen Transformers 3 (Pearl Harbour was the last trip I did with Michael Bay), but one of the least snobby people I know did, and this was what they sent me by email about it:

Where do I start? I took my 8-year-old nephew to see this film, taking the precaution of setting my expectations suitably low. Turns out that was like trying to survive a fire by drinking a glass of water. This truly was the most over-blown, confused, pointless, boring, half-hearted, badly acted, inane, ridiculous piece of garbage I've ever had the misfortune to see. Why have you done this to the world, Michael Bay - why?!

wink

Question is: WHY on earth do you go and watch a Michael Bay film.....when you already know what you are about to see? That's probably the most fascinating question ever. We all know who Bay is and what he does. Why do people still watch his films even when they know they are going to bash 'em is a proff of their ignorance or their sadomasochism.

It is like watching the last Woody Allen film and say: 'oh my goooshh! They speak too much!!'. The man has been doing the same for the last 30 years, what did you expect?

Bay has the style, the skills and the money to do this kind of films....and he does them like nobody else. As Erik said Transformers is about good giant robots Vs evil giant robots. Nobody but Bay can deliver such an awesome spectacle out ot it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  11. Clearly this poor person had to go and see it because their 8 year old nephew didn't care about Michael Bay's directing. Half the people who have to see this film -- ie. the parents of kids -- deserve to be at least partially engaged since their tickets are not free. tongue
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am