• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    My god that was absolutely fantastic !

Glad you liked it, D.! smile
    Were you familiar with Tintin before?

Yeah, the movie is amazing !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    I'm going to watch Lincoln Lawyer tonight
    Tom

I read the book so it stands to reason that Hollywood made it a typical template film
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    sdtom wrote
    I'm going to watch Lincoln Lawyer tonight
    Tom

I read the book so it stands to reason that Hollywood made it a typical template film

I haven't read the book but I thought the film was good, the ending was a bit different than the usual cliched villain comeuppence.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You owe it to yourself to read the book Tim
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    You owe it to yourself to read the book Tim

Unlikely Tom, I'm up to my neck in books I want to and haven't read yet, none of them film based or ( at this time of writing ) about to be made into films.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    it is a good read
    tom
  1. Dorian Gray (2009)

I love the look and feel of this movie, and quite honestly despite it not being that memorable, time flew by. Nice captivating score by Charlie Mole by the way. Fun for a watch

6 out of 10

Mars Needs Moms (2011)

I wanted to check this one out, solely to hear the score of Powell in context. And surely it's the best thing of the movie. My god, so brilliant. The movie itself is fun, but you can see why this one failed with audiences. It hasn't got the magic. The music got magic in abundance but the heart to make this movie special and the magic to make it memorable is absent. And even though the animation is very good, it somehow feels a little inhuman. Anyway it's definitely fun, solely for the score of Powell

6 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas, was thiinking of watching that purely as a fan of animation, but I was out off but the so many Lukewarm reactions to the movie. Is the storyline at least worth the two hours investment ?
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas, was thiinking of watching that purely as a fan of animation, but I was out off but the so many Lukewarm reactions to the movie. Is the storyline at least worth the two hours investment ?

considering it's an hour and a half, I would check it out. But if you really love the score of Powell, then definitely check it out. The storyline is okay (but predictable), and there are moments that made me smile (or even surprised me), but if you compare this with the Pixar or Dreamworks efforts, you immediately know why it didn't click. But I don't regret checking it out
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Dorian Gray (2009)

I love the look and feel of this movie, and quite honestly despite it not being that memorable, time flew by. Nice captivating score by Charlie Mole by the way. Fun for a watch

6 out of 10

You forgot to mention Ben Barnes. 10 out of 10 tongue

Seriously, the look and feel of the movie reminded me of Perfume. Do you agree?
    Really nicely done.
  3. Bregje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Dorian Gray (2009)

6 out of 10

You forgot to mention Ben Barnes. 10 out of 10 tongue

Seriously, the look and feel of the movie reminded me of Perfume. Do you agree?
    Really nicely done.

I know the women favour Ben Barnes, I think he's okay wink
    I haven't seen Perfume yet (only the trailer) but I can see why you think that
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011 edited
    You should see Perfume! The photography (is it called that in movies as well?) is beautiful. Great score too.

I think Ben Barnes is favoured more by 16 year olds than by women by the way!

( See? shame )
  4. Bregje wrote
    You should see Perfume! The photography (is it called that in movies as well?) is beautiful. Great score too.

( See? shame )

cinematography it's called i think, it's indeed a great score though

Yes yes, you made your point madame. He's cute tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregje wrote

( See? shame )

cinematography it's called i think, it's indeed a great score though

Yes yes, you made your point madame. He's cute tongue

I don't believe him in that armour and I bet he doesn't shave. ( i'm just old, bitter and twisted wink )

Cinematography, Bregje.

And yes, PERFUME is a superb looking film and the score is amongst my favourites of the 00's.

EDIT : Sorry Thomas, I see you've already mentioned it, that's what happens when I post without wearing my glasses.
  5. Timmer wrote

EDIT : Sorry Thomas, I see you've already mentioned it, that's what happens when I post without wearing my glasses.

No problem Tim, better to give the answer twice than not at all beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote
    I don't believe him in that armour and I bet he doesn't shave. ( i'm just old, bitter and twisted wink )

shocked Had to look up his age! I thought if he was 17 in this picture I could lose my job over this! wink

Weird that he is almost my age. He looks younger. And a bit gay too I must admit.

Timmer, some say I have weird taste. I can be attracted to people any age. I'm awful at guessing ages too, it's like I don't really see it??
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote

( See? shame )

Absolutely amazing movie. Especially yes, photography (i think actually Bregje meant direction of photography rather than cinematography and camera work...) and music. As for the star, he is great in this movie and Dorian gray. 16 year old girls would go bananas over anything these days though, I mean some of them jizz over Justin bieber for christ's sake.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    I mean some of them jizz over Justin bieber for christ's sake.

now we know how that girl got pregnant, she believed it was his jizz wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I think Bieber is more for the 11-15 year olds... ?
  7. Last wednesday I saw The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn in IMAX 3D

It is a masterpiece. Nicely done and very nice effects and 'rollercoaster' action scenes. As you probably has seen in the "latest soundtrack thread" I already have the score for a week. When I listen to it I thought it was a nice score but it did not impress me much. But with the movie the music is excellent.
    A must see movie you have to see in 3D (if possible)
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks! I read many good things about it.

I don't know the books/comics so it doesn't appeal to me because of that. But still I want to see it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Honestly, even without any foreknowledge whatsoever, it's great fun! You won't regret it! I promise!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Martijn wrote
    Honestly, even without any foreknowledge whatsoever, it's great fun! You won't regret it! I promise!

indeed, I never read any of the comic books, and I wholeheartedly enjoyed it
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote

Bieber is a singing phoetus.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Gettysburg

One of my favourite films ever.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Gettysburg

One of my favourite films ever.

I've never seen it but a friend of mine is loaning it to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    Bregje wrote

Bieber is a singing phoetus.

She's just a little girl. Lay off her.

Peter angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Dorian Gray (2009)

6 out of 10

I liked it too. Underrated film IMO. Not memorable, that's for sure, but the mood and the feel, as you call it, are really worth the experience.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011 edited
    BUCK

This fascinating documentary is about a man on whom Redford's character in THE HORSE WHISPERER is partly based. He travels 9 months a year doing clinics to teach people how to "start" a colt. He doesn't believe in "breaking" a horse. It's pretty incredible to watch how patient he is with these horses and how they'll just following him around nearly as soon as he starts working with them. Especially given his very difficult childhood, his story was REALLY interesting. I felt like I learned a lot about being a parent and just being a decent human being from watching this. I strongly recommend it.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Last wednesday I saw The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn in IMAX 3D

It is a masterpiece. Nicely done and very nice effects and 'rollercoaster' action scenes. As you probably has seen in the "latest soundtrack thread" I already have the score for a week. When I listen to it I thought it was a nice score but it did not impress me much. But with the movie the music is excellent.
    A must see movie you have to see in 3D (if possible)

I really enjoyed it too!

Only one thing I disliked, and that was the segment of music that was reiterated I think four times in the film itself, to then be used as the end credits piece. I didn't understand that, it halted the experience for me. I didn't listen to the score in advance, so my criticism is based on the film experience alone. It puzzled me to repeat something that way and I found no logical explanation for it... sad

In hindsight, I just love the fact that the 11-note Tintin motif is introduced in the opening sequence on a SOLO HARPSICHORD. No heroic brass, powerful string unison, or percussive augmentations, just a single "early instrument" that really outlines the history and geography of the character in a subtle, yet sublimely efficient way. (The rest of the score is also really wonderful, start to finish...)