• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    Miya wrote
    It's fun to find goofs, even on movies I like. South American ant species in the Pride Lands for example... wink

Only you would see that, Miya. ONLY you!
    (Oh, and maybe Demonstar. wink )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010 edited
    Yeah I too know about the leaf-cutter ants goof (read it at lionking.org and IMDb trivia section). smile Also, gophers and anteaters are not found in Africa!

But the Last Samurai details are really interesting, I didn't know about that. Thanks Miya! I'll try to watch the movie sometime too.
  1. Paranormal Activity

The Exorcist was downright scary, this made me crap my pants (so to speak). The way this movie builds to its shocking conclusion I can only say this:

W.O.W.

So real, so low-budget, so natural, so creepy...

BTW I saw the unrated version. freezing
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010
    RV:

The Island

Kind of a creepy film. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Paranormal Activity

The Exorcist was downright scary, this made me crap my pants (so to speak). The way this movie builds to its shocking conclusion I can only say this:

W.O.W.

I Won't tire you with what my friend who saw it thought about this film wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Paranormal Activity

W.O.W.

Agreed. SCARY.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. There's only a handful of films where after the end I am with my jaw on the floor and speechless for at least 60 seconds. This was one of them.

My sole regret is I would've liked to have felt and contributed to the atmosphere in a packed theatre room.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Zombieland

Ah, funny, exciting and gripping. Just when you think, it's becoming too serious, there goes Woody to shoot it all to hell once again. biggrin

Very good zombie movie, it centers more around the characters and their developing bond, the zombies are just in the way of that. So it's more story that gore. But like I've said, it changes just at the right time to get you on the exciting part once again. Brilliant visual quality as well, wow shocked

Shaun of the Dead is funnier, but Zombieland is more exciting

8 out of 10 smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    William wrote

Ha! You're back!

We were wondering were you were, but you didn't answer our question William. Why?
    Kazoo
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Zombieland

Ah, funny, exciting and gripping. Just when you think, it's becoming too serious, there goes Woody to shoot it all to hell once again. biggrin

Very good zombie movie, it centers more around the characters and their developing bond, the zombies are just in the way of that. So it's more story that gore. But like I've said, it changes just at the right time to get you on the exciting part once again. Brilliant visual quality as well, wow shocked

Shaun of the Dead is funnier, but Zombieland is more exciting

8 out of 10 smile

[spoiler]The Bill Murray sequence was HILARIOUS !!!!![/spoiler]

I laughed my ass off with this one. beer

Seeing both a terrifying and way too funny movie in one day made my day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010 edited
    DAS WEISSE BAND | michael haneke

Ouch! One thing is sure, life was certainly not better in the past.

Quite a cold film. Not really showing everything, rather hinting, since it's not the goal of the movie anyway. it certainly leaves an impression, but a harsh one to me. What happens with a generation when they grow up? What do they transport from their parents? Wrongly using your powers, .... I don't know if I like the message or not.

It's a black and white film, with some beautiful images of a little German countryside village, just before World War I arrived. It follows their citizens and their kids, after some odd events happened. It surely is captivating. Slow paced scenes (which I love), silence and the story telling.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    Last night I watched 2012

Take all the disaster movie formats from Poseiden Adventure to ID4, throw in a large sprinkling of George Pal's 1951 movie When Worlds Collide and up the stupidity dial to infinity and there ya go!

I turned my brain off and enjoyed it. cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I did too, brain off, hugely enjoyable! Shame the music is so impersonal though, especially compared to these movies you mention there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and yet I still have no desire to watch it.

Srsly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Srsly.

And I certainly wouldn't blame you. biggrin

I think in the right mood ( plus booze and freinds for company ) you'd have a great laugh watching it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Srsly.

My wife rented it last week and I refused to watch it with her.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Did she confirm that you had chosen wisely Erik? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah! A man of principles!

I can see you now, sitting in the kitchen on a bar stool, arms folded, eating all the cookies, all the while waiting until the film is finally over and the wife gives you the all clear to re-enter the room.

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Srsly.

My wife rented it last week and I refused to watch it with her.

-Erik-

You are a happier person now. Trust me.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Did she confirm that you had chosen wisely Erik? biggrin

Oh yes!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Ah! A man of principles!

I can see you now, sitting in the kitchen on a bar stool, arms folded, eating all the cookies, all the while waiting until the film is finally over and the wife gives you the all clear to re-enter the room.

wink

Nah! I was playing ball hockey! Got the report the next morning! But I do like the idea of bar stools in the kitchen and eating cookies!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, it's what *I* would do. wink
  5. I enjoyed 2012... I will do so in the future... That's all that matters...

...though I may not have much of a future if I take the things said in the film in consideration.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Second worst film of last year after Transformers 2. Never again. Ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's almost as bad as Transformers 2!? Crikey. That IS bad.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    Kick-Ass

It's awesome! It's like Wanted crossed with Superbad plus Nicholas Cage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not to repeat myself but:

And yet I still have no desire to watch it.

Not in the cinema anyway. Might watch it when it's released on Blu-Ray/DVD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Don't you have that kick ass motion-something huge screen and the blasting audio system, yes? I WOULD like to watch 2012 on THAT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    that kick ass motion-something huge screen

Wut? confused
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Don't you have that kick ass motion-something huge screen and the blasting audio system, yes? I WOULD like to watch 2012 on THAT!

Exactly, why buy a humongous screen and ground-shaking audio setup if you're not going to watch something like 2012 on it? Kit like that is made for flicks like that. Or is it the other way around? confused