• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I'm sure you both are looking forward to a BluRay of this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8604858.stm


    Magnificence incarnate.
    I desperately need to see this.
    Alone.
    In the dark.
    Naked.
    Softly stroking the head of the director.
    While his body lies decomposing behind my fridge.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    The 'naked' part in all that is what worries me the most.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    What?
    I look good naked.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010 edited
    Yeah. Next to a man.

    Who's dead obviously.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    So I like to stack the odds in my favour...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    So I like to stack the odds in my favour...


    Your optimism is legendary even in hell.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Timmer wrote

    Your optimism is legendary even in hell.


    Wow!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    sdtom wrote
    Hatton had a short (4) film career playing the role. Hatton had to win a reward as one of the uglier actors on the silver screen.


    I think Rondo was suffering from an illness like giantism, didn't he?
    It contorted his facial features into something rather grotesque, golem-like. I think that disease is what killed him as well (hence his rather short film career, which indeed consisted solely of parts of thugs and killers).

    It's fun to see those classic B-movie actors popping up all over the place: George Zucco may well be the most prolific actor Universal ever had! And most everybody has seen him in one role or another (but nobody knows him. Some actors have long and relatively undistinguished careers like that).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Bregt wrote
    I'm sure you both are looking forward to a BluRay of this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8604858.stm


    omg, what the fuck is this? face-palm-mt
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I'm sure you both are looking forward to a BluRay of this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8604858.stm


    omg, what the fuck is this? face-palm-mt


    The birds attacking made me laugh out loud, at how laughably bad it's done. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    Watched the first half of "Bruce Forsyth: A Comedy Roast" last night and Jonathan Ross & Sean Lock (amongst others) fairly stuck into Brucie - and it was hilarious:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGjONcm … verified=1 - start at about 3:15-17:15.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    Minority report

    Entertaining movie, but nothing spectacular. There were several fascinating sci-fi ideas in the movie I liked. I love Tom Cruise too. He may be a loon in real life, but he's always a joy to watch in his movies. I've never fallen for Williams' score before, but after watching the movie, I realized it's pretty damn good. I'm sure my next listen will be rewarding.

    My rating: 6 outta 10

    Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    ^ I think this, next to Empire of the Sun, is one of Spielberg's most under appreciated films! I think it's wonderful.

    -Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    Yeah, I think it's spectacular. Suffers from Spielberg's obsession to wrap every last detail, could have done with a more Blade Runner style ending, but apart from that I love every moment of it. A great showcase of directorial skill!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    It's a good movie indeed. I find it hard to find flaws with it, so I'm not sure why it's only a 6 rating for me. Perhaps I wasn't in the right mood.

    Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    War of the worlds

    The effects, the sounds and the score just makes this movie an awesome experience. I don't care if the kids were a little annoying. and I don't care that the story wasn't much, because it didn't need to be. The whole atmosphere of doom and the extraordinary tripods is what made this movie so great.

    My rating: 9 out of 10.

    Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    ^ I'd take 5 points away for the GODAWFUL last 5 minutes of the movie! F__king terrible! Everything up 'til then was AWESOME!

    -Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ I'd take 5 points away for the GODAWFUL last 5 minutes of the movie! F__king terrible! Everything up 'til then was AWESOME!

    -Erik-


    I wouldn't say THAT terrible, but I'm with you! The movie is awesome, but just when I really was on the edge of my seat and it got real suspenseful... IT STOPPED! I was like, WTF!? Way too short. And all of a sudden, everything was all fine again, the transition from the suspense was too big. Otherwise, great film, but with Spielberg I'm not used to such sudden wrap-ups.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    BobdH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ I'd take 5 points away for the GODAWFUL last 5 minutes of the movie! F__king terrible! Everything up 'til then was AWESOME!

    -Erik-


    I wouldn't say THAT terrible, but I'm with you! The movie is awesome, but just when I really was on the edge of my seat and it got real suspenseful... IT STOPPED! I was like, WTF!? Way too short. And all of a sudden, everything was all fine again, the transition from the suspense was too big. Otherwise, great film, but with Spielberg I'm not used to such sudden wrap-ups.


    Indeed, spectacular film, retarded ending that should be avoided and replaced withs something perhaps more realistic or more well-worked, that will leave some sort of reward and meaning for the 2 hours of great build-up.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ I'd take 5 points away for the GODAWFUL last 5 minutes of the movie! F__king terrible! Everything up 'til then was AWESOME!

    -Erik-


    I wouldn't say THAT terrible, but I'm with you! The movie is awesome, but just when I really was on the edge of my seat and it got real suspenseful... IT STOPPED! I was like, WTF!? Way too short. And all of a sudden, everything was all fine again, the transition from the suspense was too big. Otherwise, great film, but with Spielberg I'm not used to such sudden wrap-ups.


    Indeed, spectacular film, retarded ending that should be avoided and replaced withs something perhaps more realistic or more well-worked, that will leave some sort of reward and meaning for the 2 hours of great build-up.

    It´s Spielberg after all, I wasn´t surprised by the end of the movie.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Steven wrote
    Yeah, I think it's spectacular. Suffers from Spielberg's obsession to wrap every last detail, could have done with a more Blade Runner style ending, but apart from that I love every moment of it. A great showcase of directorial skill!


    Which Blade Runner ending? wink

    The ending of Minority Report is a CLEAR reference to the original theatrical ending of Blade Runner, why BTW is hated by both Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford (and steals unused footage from The Shining too!)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ I'd take 5 points away for the GODAWFUL last 5 minutes of the movie! F__king terrible! Everything up 'til then was AWESOME!

    -Erik-


    I wouldn't say THAT terrible, but I'm with you! The movie is awesome, but just when I really was on the edge of my seat and it got real suspenseful... IT STOPPED! I was like, WTF!? Way too short. And all of a sudden, everything was all fine again, the transition from the suspense was too big. Otherwise, great film, but with Spielberg I'm not used to such sudden wrap-ups.


    Indeed, spectacular film, retarded ending that should be avoided and replaced withs something perhaps more realistic or more well-worked, that will leave some sort of reward and meaning for the 2 hours of great build-up.

    It´s Spielberg after all, I wasn´t surprised by the end of the movie.


    Yeah, but that's how the original book ends! Say what you will about how he should have changed it, etc., but that's one of the great things about War of the Worlds - it gets worse and worse and worse and you just wonder how humanity can possibly survive and then....they do! Sudden, yes, but it's a classic story. To change the end would have been taking a LOT of liberty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    I don't care how fast the aliens died and whatnot - it was the godawful family reunion that ruined everything!

    -Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    It certainly didn't ruin for me, I love happy endings tongue
    As for the rest of the movie: it's one of Spielberg's least liked film for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    Gene Barry and Anne Robinson MADE the film for me. angry
    It was pretty much the rest I wasn't very keen on.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    I don't care how fast the aliens died and whatnot - it was the godawful family reunion that ruined everything!

    -Erik-


    for me too, I hate it when movies insert dramatic deaths to make them alive again to create another twist
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. plindboe wrote
    Minority report

    Entertaining movie, but nothing spectacular. There were several fascinating sci-fi ideas in the movie I liked. I love Tom Cruise too. He may be a loon in real life, but he's always a joy to watch in his movies. I've never fallen for Williams' score before, but after watching the movie, I realized it's pretty damn good. I'm sure my next listen will be rewarding.

    My rating: 6 outta 10

    Peter smile


    It seems the blu-ray release is pretty spectacular too shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Minority Report should be quite the stunner on blu because the film is such a stylistic tour de force, made to be appreciated in the best possible image quality. But I wouldn't trade it for my DVD. Yeah right... I hear you say Thomas. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ I'd take 5 points away for the GODAWFUL last 5 minutes of the movie! F__king terrible! Everything up 'til then was AWESOME!


    Indeed.

    The aliens dying seemed to be wrapped up rather quickly. Like keky, I also love happy endings, but the boy went into an area that got completely blown to smithereens, and when he turned up alive, that was just beyond belief. There should have been some doubt about whether he survived or not if they wanted that happy ending. I also don't like that the mother merely said "thank you" to Cruise's character either, which seems cold, considering that they had kids together. Urgh, it just felt wrong.

    It sure was disappointing that ending, and deserves to have 5 points subtracted, but the awesomeness of the tripods makes me unable to rate the movie less than 9. The ferry scene, where the tripods appear in the distance and people start panicking, has stayed in my mind ever since I saw it.

    In any case, it was a huge improvement to see it alone on my computer, instead of in the cinema with a pack of giggling teenage girls, who seemed to find the entire movie hilarious.

    Peter cool
  8. Timmer wrote
    Watched Doctor Who and enjoyed it.

    Thought the new Doc was good and the red haired chick... shocked lick

    The upcoming episodes look mouthwatering.

    Watched the second episode of the new series of Doctor Who and I thought it was very poor indeed.

    Trying to pack too much into 45 minutes. Both the Doctor and his assistant didn't have any screen presence at all, the story was very confusing, it was billed as being scary - but wasn't. Bad stuff indeed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn