• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009 edited
    This might be true. I'm not really into modern westerns (or American in general) either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009
    I'm with Franz: Jesse James is a brilliant and beautiful movie that was among the best in it's year. But when I saw it in theaters, the audience was less thrilled.
  1. Saw it on DVD one time but I'll be sure to watch it again. It's not something I'll watch a whole lot but it does have something special, in the atmosphere maybe or how the characters interact that makes it intruiging.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BobdH wrote
    I'm with Franz: Jesse James is a brilliant and beautiful movie that was among the best in it's year. But when I saw it in theaters, the audience was less thrilled.

It´s not what one can call a crowd pleaser. They were certainly brave to release a film like that. I was really bored too by the way after the 200th sequence of Brad "I look so serious" Pitt staring into nowhere.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    The Adventures of Robin Hood
    I know. I know. It's supposed to be a classic with Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland and Korngold's score. But it left me a little bored. There wasn't much charm or intensity unlike Sea Hawk.

Deliverance
    Four friends take a canoe trip across a river down by American back country and run into trouble with the locals. Now this one was a bit creepy and intense all the way. Wow!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    The Adventures of Robin Hood
    I know. I know. It's supposed to be a classic with Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland and Korngold's score. But it left me a little bored. There wasn't much charm or intensity unlike Sea Hawk.

Deliverance
    Four friends take a canoe trip across a river down by American back country and run into trouble with the locals. Now this one was a bit creepy and intense all the way. Wow!

Both of those are absolute classics and favourites of mine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    It's not for everyone, but for those whom it is for, those people - and I'm one of them - are very glad someone had the guts to make it.

Totally agree I do. Superb film making.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Yes, the first film I absolutely love, but I've never seen the sequels. I'll watch a bit more but if it doesn't pick up then I highly doubt I'll get to the end of it.

If you love the first film, I can't see why you wouldn't like the sequels. In fact, I don't really think of Part 2 and 3 as 'sequels', they work as one long film with three acts. The second film is probably the weakest, but it's still a fantastic film and 20 minutes is NOT enough to appreciate it since most of the movie is about revisiting the first film. The first 20 minutes you watched is probably all set in the future world: a fantastically 80s envisioning of the future - something you're supposed to take with a pinch of salt! The rest is all about cleverly revisiting the first story.

So, watch the first film again. Then watch ALL of the second. And then watch the third film.

Hopefully you'll come to your senses! Aged terribly.... honestly

I've tried watching more of the second, but it's just awful. vomit sad
  2. Watched Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince yesterday.

I've never read the books - yet - and so I think that I have the advantage over people who have read the books: I wasn't expecting to see many of the events that occurred in the books but were omitted from the film.

I quite enjoyed the film - though there was a bit too much "love interest" in the plot. It looked good - and made me want to revisit the previous films again. And even made me want to read the books!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Yes, the first film I absolutely love, but I've never seen the sequels. I'll watch a bit more but if it doesn't pick up then I highly doubt I'll get to the end of it.

If you love the first film, I can't see why you wouldn't like the sequels. In fact, I don't really think of Part 2 and 3 as 'sequels', they work as one long film with three acts. The second film is probably the weakest, but it's still a fantastic film and 20 minutes is NOT enough to appreciate it since most of the movie is about revisiting the first film. The first 20 minutes you watched is probably all set in the future world: a fantastically 80s envisioning of the future - something you're supposed to take with a pinch of salt! The rest is all about cleverly revisiting the first story.

So, watch the first film again. Then watch ALL of the second. And then watch the third film.

Hopefully you'll come to your senses! Aged terribly.... honestly

I've tried watching more of the second, but it's just awful. vomit sad

It's not awful. But fair enough, can't please 'em all I guess.

Though I am surprised at your opinion considering you like the first film. Really surprised.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm baffled! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Even more surprised since part 2 is pretty much the first one but with extra bits! uhm

Anyway, don't be put off watching the third one: It's quite different to the others, and hopefully for the love of christ you'll be able to appreciate -and perhaps even enjoy!- that one. If you don't, I dunno, seek help or something...
  3. Timmer wrote
    I'm baffled! dizzy

Make that two.

BTTF 2 is fun because it revisits events from the first film from another perspective. Plus there's the alternate 1985 sequence which is deliciously dark.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Australia

Ludicrous to begin with, but it got better as it went along. Beautiful to look at. Liked the music, too - don't know how much was original, but I'd like to hear it on CD (including the Elton John song at the end!) Though if I remember correctly, it was never released? (Very odd.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    Steven wrote
    Even more surprised since part 2 is pretty much the first one but with extra bits! uhm

Anyway, don't be put off watching the third one: It's quite different to the others, and hopefully for the love of christ you'll be able to appreciate -and perhaps even enjoy!- that one. If you don't, I dunno, seek help or something...

Yay, I powered through the rest of the second one and once it's past the dark alternate 1985 and back to the 50's is just as good as the original!

Onto part 3 immediately..!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    face-palm-mt

Okay, good! dizzy biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    and a collective sigh of relief rippled through the hallowed halls of main titles
  4. The Matrix

on blu-ray.

Holy friggin crap... I must've seen this 7-8 times already, still absolutely brilliant on every level, but on hi-def it's remarkably more brilliant than ever. The image clarity is fantastic, colours and blacks are on the target, and the biggest bang for your buck comes from the audio side: if you thought it sounded stunning in standard Dolby Digital 5.1 wait until you hear this sucker on a Dolby TrueHD equipped receiver: Demo-material worthy. punk punk punk

Next up are the sequels, which are fine the way they are, but don't hold a candle to the first. I expect them to look and sound just as great.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If you say so. Bought.

(No, I'm not that easy to convince, I read a couple of blu ray reviews too). wink
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    The hangover acouple of days ago-One of the funniest comedies i have seen in a long time
    kokodezil(back from the dead) wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010 edited
    kokodezil wrote

shocked shocked
    freezing freezing

wink
    (I agree by the way. Very good movie).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Hunt for Red October

Hadn't seen this for a while. Very enjoyable action film in all respects.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    a good classic yes!!! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kokodezil wrote
    The hangover acouple of days ago-One of the funniest comedies i have seen in a long time

bhangra
    bhangra
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    the "Piton de la Fournaise" is erupting right now Timmer! punk
    hope u'll appreciate the news biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kokodezil wrote
    the "Piton de la Fournaise" is erupting right now Timmer! punk
    hope u'll appreciate the news biggrin

And much appreciated Koko cool beer

I'm going to see what I can find out online smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III

If the first one wasn't so damn good, this would be the best. None of the problems of the second with an awesome finale sequence and best score. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

If the first one wasn't so damn good, this would be the best. None of the problems of the second with an awesome finale sequence

Great movie!

Anthony wrote
    and best score. cool

Wrong!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

If the first one wasn't so damn good, this would be the best. None of the problems of the second with an awesome finale sequence and best score. cool

Yes! On all counts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The third score is fantastic. Terrible album chronology unfortunately, but much improved when in film order. (In fact, I generally listen to the complete score these days. In chronological order no less. Scary, huh?)