• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, i knew you'd like it! One of the most captivating and original films i've seen in a while. Worthy nominated for numerous awards.

I adored it, saw it with my brother wink

This is a brilliant film, the only remark was that the score was mixed very poorly in the film, I liked the score you see smile

ah, a movie that will remain in my head for a very long time
    9 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Isn't it just! face-palm-mt <--wipes nose after sneezing

Gesundheit!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/350000/im … pelham.jpg
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    I miss Walter sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    ALIEN

I'm in Ridley Scott mood.

The first 45 minutes of this movie is sublime. And like all Scott movies the atmosphere is AMAZING. this guy is really a visonary

In the other side...the screenplay is really, really bad. what annoying dialogues God!!!!

Aliens is not soo good in the visual aspect but it's far a better movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    ALIEN

The first 45 minutes of this movie is sublime. And like all Scott movies the atmosphere is AMAZING. this guy is really a visonary

In the other side...the screenplay is really, really bad. what annoying dialogues God!!!!

Much immitated and hence, diluted by all that's come since, ALIEN was a truly visionary and groundbreaking movie in 1979, it's quite rightly a classic.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Also regarding the dialogues. One groundbreaking thing about the movie is that the characters had a specific (blue-collar!) social background. I think the dialogues were rather good and honest for a sci-fi movie from the late 70s which featured characters from social lows!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    ALIEN

You never cease to amaze me, Jordi. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010 edited
    Alien is still one of the creepiest movies ever, with the most unsettling atmosphere from the very first to the last second. That score, my god !!! shocked

If only the man in the suit didn't ruin it at times. tongue

No seriously, it lay the groundwork for my favourite film of all time, so it's worth all the praise in the world. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    No seriously, it lay the groundwork for my favourite film of all time, so it's worth all the praise in the world. wink

Which one is that ?
    Titanic ? biggrin wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  4. No obviously the sequel to Alien, Alien Resurrection dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010
    I saw The Imaginariuam of Doctor Parnassus a few days ago.
    I thought the story was original and the performances were great especially Lily Cole and Andrew Garfield.
    The film has a very good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Airplane

Best comedy film ever!

Bolt

Surprisingly good. Very witty in places. The best non-Pixar animation I've seen since Iron Giant.

Executive Decision

Tripe. Kurt Russell's character decides that the best attire to wear to commit the most daring rescue operation in history is a tuxedo and bow-tie. One of Goldsmith's worst scores, too (the film is ridiculously over-spotted, there must be 90 minutes of music there, which is an hour more than it needs, and the synths are awful - but the "Ramora" theme is still great).

The Edge

Now THIS is how to make an action film. Fantastic, great script, great actors (well, not Elle McPherson, but she has other assets), great score.

Fantastic Four

Terrible at first, but it got me more interested later on. Awful, awful score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Airplane

Best comedy film ever!

You know... I saw that movie a few months ago for the first time and I was rather bored by it. The humour was indeed witty but I didn't have ANY laugh out load moment the way I did and still do with my all time favorite comedy, Dumb and Dumber.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've seen it 20+ times and still laugh out loud. It just fits in so well with my sense of what's funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I thought Airplane! was hilarious when I was fourteen, but to me it's dated badly.
    The only thing I still find amusing is Robert Stack's character playing his überserious Elliott Ness persona to the max, but that's it. I'm pretty much done with that Z-A-Z's "let's do 20,000 gags a minute. One is bound to be funny" statistics type of film making.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I get far more laughs from sitcoms than I do from movies. How I Met Your Mother is my favourite sitcom at the moment.

Still, Airplane is a great movie with some great and, I suppose at the time, original jokes.

"Golly!"
  5. Southall wrote
    Executive Decision

Tripe. Kurt Russell's character decides that the best attire to wear to commit the most daring rescue operation in history is a tuxedo and bow-tie. One of Goldsmith's worst scores, too (the film is ridiculously over-spotted, there must be 90 minutes of music there, which is an hour more than it needs, and the synths are awful - but the "Ramora" theme is still great).

Love this flick ever since I was much younger, sure it's a little simplistic compared but man what a suspense-filled movie. And I think Jerry's score does the trick amazingly well to build the suspense, so much I like it on CD as well. It's one of those movies that just can't be made anymore post 9-11...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...thank christ.
  6. So you thank christ 9-11 happened? Careful what you say S. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I should probably qualify that statement a little just in case the wrong end of the stick pokes someone's eye out:

Executive Decision is shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I get far more laughs from sitcoms than I do from movies. How I Met Your Mother is my favourite sitcom at the moment.

How I Met Your Mother had a great first season but I think it went all down hill after that. It's trying too hard to be funny. However, the sitcom that I love the most is the one that comes right after How I Met Your Mother... The Big Bang Theory. But that show is also struggling to match its witty first season.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'll have to check out How I Met Your Mother then. My favourite current US sitcom is Modern Family.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

How I Met Your Mother had a great first season but I think it went all down hill after that. It's trying too hard to be funny. However, the sitcom that I love the most is the one that comes right after How I Met Your Mother... The Big Bang Theory. But that show is also struggling to match its witty first season.

-Erik-

True that. I fell in love with How I Met Your Mother because of that first season and I've come to like the characters. Still some really funny material in the later seasons, but the first season was and still is the best.

I even bought a suit because of that show. shame
  7. Steven wrote
    I should probably qualify that statement a little just in case the wrong end of the stick pokes someone's eye out:

Executive Decision is shit.

Yeah well ... okay rolleyes

Critical Decision rocks though !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just finished season two of Life On Mars.

Shit.
    You weren't kidding when you said it'd be a heartbreaker, Timmer. sad

Truly fabulous series, though. Very, very high standard. Hugely original, extremely well scripted. Excellent stories that work on many levels. Wonderful performances. Likable characters. And I really, really felt for Sam's plight. I was completely drawn in the whole time.
    Seriously one of the best things I've seen in some time.

And of course especially Philip Glenister's iconic portrayal of Gene Hunt is one for the history books.
    "Look at 'er. She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot."
    Good series. I'm gonna miss watching it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

High-Five!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Fancy yourself a bit of an MD, then?
    (Oh yeah. The man's forever tainted. The curse of the Child Star).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010 edited
    biggrin

Huh, did not know that. He will never look the same to me now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Southall wrote
    Airplane

Best comedy film ever!

Couldn't agree more. Was actually talking about it with my gf last night, where I told her that it was my alltime favourite comedy.

My second favourite being "Life of Brian" and third favourite "Naked gun".

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    Southall wrote
    Airplane

Best comedy film ever!

Couldn't agree more. Was actually talking about it with my gf last night, where I told her that it was my alltime favourite comedy.

My second favourite being "Life of Brian" and third favourite "Naked gun".

Peter smile

Same top three as me, then!