• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    I'm interested, don't get me wrong - I just can't afford it...

Maybe if you put an application into the maintitles.net meeting fund, that may make things a bit more affordable?

I'd certainly be up for a meeting - it's been a while since we've met up and I'd like to foster any regular get-together.

the trip isn't the problem, but the concert and the lodging is another matter
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...the trip isn't the problem, but the concert and the lodging is another matter

As I've mentioned, the concert is out for me straight off. I may just get a Morricone playlist together for the concert evening and find a quiet pub.

Accommodation - there must be a variety of prices available. "Basic" Premier Inn rooms around £100.00 per night!! Although there is a "hostel" quoting "from £9.00" - though I wouldn't want to risk that one!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited
    Jim Ware wrote
    I'm up for this, but hope that Morricone doesn't do his 'cancelling at the last minute' thing again!

Hello Jim, how goes it!? beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    Lodging can be cheap! We sleep in Alan's car! biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010
    Excellent, you can have the boot. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Bregt wrote

still deciding, I want to go but who's going to the concert, and who's not?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote

still deciding, I want to go but who's going to the concert, and who's not?

That doesn't really matter, does it?

If we gather during that weekend, I'm sure we'll be able to meet, with or without concert (I obviously would choose to go). If you don't want to see the concert, join the gang that doesn't either. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010 edited
    All seats, except for the outer circle, have been sold out. I see that there's about 200 tickets left.

Shall we do this or not? smile

If not, I think I fancy a meeting anyway. It's a long time ago!
    Kazoo
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...still deciding, I want to go but who's going to the concert, and who's not?

I'm not going to the concert.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    Bregt wrote
    All seats, except for the outer circle, have been sold out. I see that there's about 200 tickets left.

Shall we do this or not? smile

If not, I think I fancy a meeting anyway. It's a long time ago!

If you can afford to go to the concert then go, regardless of anyone else, a meeting can be made either side of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah, but going alone to London is not on my list. So, there surely has to be arranged a meeting.wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn. What a wonderful opportunity. If you're not a student yet and out of money (As many of us here are), you obviously have no excuse.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Yeah, but going alone to London is not on my list. So, there surely has to be arranged a meeting.wink

If there nothing to stop me I'll be there Bregt and I'm sure a few others on the board will too.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

If there nothing to stop me I'll be there Bregt and I'm sure a few others on the board will too.

I'm prepared to go, but not for the concert, solely for the meeting
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I'm there anyway, so the opportunity to meet up with any of you guys would be pure bonus. I'm worried that the tickets to the Morricone concert are almost sold out, though. Thought we had some more "consideration time".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010 edited
    Okay then. I suggest we should have made the decision by Sunday evening, for the ones who'd want to go to the concert. Is that all right?

What day would we select for the meeting?

Saturday afternoon/evening? Or Sunday morning/afternoon/evening? Or which Brits plan to have a sleepover in London too?
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Okay then. I suggest we should have made the decision by Sunday evening, for the one who'd want to go to the concert. Is that all right?

What day would we select for the meeting?

Saturday afternoon/evening? Or Sunday morning/afternoon/evening? Or which Brits plan to have a sleepover in London too?

saturday would be easiest, I don't have the luxury to take a vacation the monday
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    Definitely Saturday. I can't vouch for my condition on Sunday.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You will not go to the concert?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I sent everyone who responded in this thread and some others an e-mail. Check your inbox (e-mail as entered in your profile here). We can keep the discussion here, but I did this mostly for the concert since that is in a "hurry".
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll have to pass on the concert. Still looking into a quick up 'n' down to London to meet the gang though!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Do you fancy a meeting then with sleepover? Or just a day event?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have to see how long I could get away for!
    I can well imagine I might just fly in and out on the same day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010 edited
    Oh. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry. sad

Whoah!
    I suddenly get the strongest feeling of déja vu!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sounds good. If I come, it'll be just for the day. I don't live that far away from London, so there's not much point in me getting accommodation anywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    All right!

I still hope at least some people want to go to the concert?
    Kazoo