• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited
    It's closer to my tastes. And it's organized, not all over the place. Plus it's got one style and appears coherent to me. My mind is foolish, can't understand the higher compositional levels of the graces of Kung fu panda.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's very impressive indeed. Any background info on the man?

you find every score impressive D. tongue

No, not really.

For instance, kung fu panda vomit

AH! I knew it! wave cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited
    NP:Prince of Persia Sands of time (HGW)

I try it. Seriously. And Sometimes I even enjoy it but HGW is not my man.

The "arabic " theme is good, but only because is a rehash of Goldsmith's the mummy and Silvestri's Sandcastles. the heroic theme is repetitive and really generic. But what really tires me is Harry's action music. It lacks of power, the orchestra never shines.

Prince of Persia it's one of this score wich I can listen again and again only because there is nothing on it that really satisfies me and there is nothing on it that really annoys me.

The beggining of "sand of time "track is really cool, thought. And Prince of Persia track is a great introduction of all the main themes (including a honorable version of the heroic theme).

PS_: I want some charming track capturing the magic and beauty of Arabia!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    even enjoy it but HGW is not my man.

Oh he definitely is not your man. He has a wife and she's hot from what i remember smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    even enjoy it but HGW is not my man.

Oh he definitely is not your man. He has a wife and she's hot from what i remember smile

Yeah, she is HOT. But it's not Lisbeth, who is the girl who I will date in 1 month...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah come on. Her wailing will make you grow tits out of frustration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah come on. Her wailing will make you grow tits out of frustration.

By the way....If I like the movie, I probably will like POP score. Because I think it will fit the movie like a globe.

So We will talk in 3 days...
  1. Like a *glove* smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    The Maltese Falcon by Adolph Deutsch. I love this score so much because I like the movie even more.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010 edited
    NP: The White Masai - Niki Reiser

A colourful, moving and at times rather vibrant African flavoured score. Lovely stuff. cool
  2. Stardust - Ilan Eshkeri

Beautiful, inspiring, memorable, enchanting, exciting.

You know something else to add?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah: generic, unoriginal and over-bloated.
  3. You, get lost !!!! kill
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    The Maltese Falcon by Adolph Deutsch. I love this score so much because I like the movie even more.

Excellent score. Even better movie.
    I enjoy both immensely.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Steven FTW!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Stardust - Ilan Eshkeri

Beautiful, inspiring, memorable, enchanting, exciting.

You know something else to add?

Erm....

I like the Take That song cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's actually quite a lovely score, friendly and -indeed- enchanting. Easily the best thing Eshkeri has done so far.
    I enjoy Stardust a lot: it's melodic, thematic and coherent, well orchestrated and executed with warmth.

Too bad he hasn't done anything remotely as interesting following this one.
    Stardust really put him on the map for me, but my interest unfortunately is rather declining. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. To date, Stardust is his most appealing effort to me. And the song is the only Take That song I have on my mp3 player...honest!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The mummy (goldsmith)

Oooooooooooooooooooh! Much better! this is a score where the ochestra shines, the themes has power and it's beautiful and exiting!

Learn harry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Effi Briest - Johan Söderqvist
    Wonderful smile

Also one phrase of one of the themes is nearly identical to a phrase in Eli's Theme from Let The Right One In
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Indeed. I couldn't help but to giggle a bit with the "memorable" tag wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Wonderful smile

Also one phrase of one of the themes is nearly identical to a phrase in Eli's Theme from Let The Right One In

Absolutely. This man has a great gift for touching melodies. Have you heard after the wedding?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Too bad he hasn't done anything remotely as interesting following this one.
    Stardust really put him on the map for me, but my interest unfortunately is rather declining. sad

What about HANNIBAL RISING and CENTURION?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Indeed. I couldn't help but to giggle a bit with the "memorable" tag wink

Giggle with this --> explode
  5. The Last Samurai - Hans Zimmer

Been a long time since I spun this. Zimmer in his restrained, emotional mode is always worthy of a listen when the mood calls for it. The score flows by gently and while it isn't always interesting music, it's never dull. There's always some part of it that grabs my attention. This is definitely a keeper. Little bit of useless info: this was my last Zimmer purchase before I got AWE somewhere around 2008.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Love that score.
  6. Scribe wrote
    Wonderful smile

One phrase?

I might as well suggest that you carry more than a few words & grammatical ideas from sentence to sentence. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    What about HANNIBAL RISING and CENTURION?

Don't know them, but the sound clips did nothing for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    franz_conrad wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Wonderful smile

One phrase?

I might as well suggest that you carry more than a few words & grammatical ideas from sentence to sentence. wink

That is a good point!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!