• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. it's the same problem of yesterday
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. hey what do you know, bro fixed it. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011
    I guess just going to the next page fixed it.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    I guess just going to the next page fixed it.

you have to spoil everything do you Thor? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. I'd like to know what triggered it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Cristian wrote
    NP: I Am Legend - James Newton Howard

I love the main theme and the sad feeling of this score!

I agree. The main theme is really sad, but beautiful and encouraging at the same time; at least to me.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Fixed it!
    Kazoo
  5. NP: Tron: Legacy - Daft Punk

After finding the film a bit underwhelming, even as a visual feast, the score is still as good as ever. A great theme that is a joy to hear in all its incarnations and some great orchestral & synth combination.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Thor wrote
    Geez, whazzap with all the goats?

I think James was sacrificing his post for the good of the forum...and trying to get to the next page?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Fixed it!

applause

So what did I do wrong? Can't say I misquoted though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Tron: Legacy - Daft Punk

After finding the film a bit underwhelming, even as a visual feast, the score is still as good as ever. A great theme that is a joy to hear in all its incarnations and some great orchestral & synth combination.

Fits and elevates the movie perfectly. Amazing score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    DreamTheater wrote
    So what did I do wrong? Can't say I misquoted though.

No worries. Yonythemooney did not correctly close the quote tag. Nothing happened.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote

After finding the film a bit underwhelming, even as a visual feast.

shocked
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

shocked

I think I should have seen it on the big screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

shocked

I agree, it's glowy, and I like glowy, but that's about it. The plot was clearly constructed by a computer that had been fed the first film and told to mix it with random new age philosophy quotes.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    TRON was a mediocre film all around, even in 3D, but the score is smashing! One of the best of 2010, maybe barely surpassed by INCEPTION.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The film wasn't anything BUT a feast for the eyes and ears! They should have done away with the dialogue completely and had more light cycle and light plane chases! The Tron universe is spectacular!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    The film wasn't anything BUT a feast for the eyes and ears! They should have done away with the dialogue completely and had more light cycle and light plane chases! The Tron universe is spectacular!

-Erik-

I would have enjoyed that a lot more than the actual film.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Didn't hook me as much as it apparently did you, but there was plenty of neon alright. Like you're stuck in a sleazy strip joint for two hours. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Icaro secondo (Morricone)

I finally got to download and hear this new piece that he only performs at concerts. Kinda weird and interesting to listen to, but rhythmic and kinda cool. Don't get a huge pleasure out of it though.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Icaro secondo (Morricone)

I finally got to download and hear this new piece that he only performs at concerts. Kinda weird and interesting to listen to, but rhythmic and kinda cool. Don't get a huge pleasure out of it though.

Peter smile

Yeah, he played that in Royal Albert Hall last year. I thought it was interesting and not as far-out avantgarde as I had expected. Loved the rhythmic flair of it.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Some old quote.

The point of this post is not immediately obvious.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, he played that in Royal Albert Hall last year. I thought it was interesting and not as far-out avantgarde as I had expected. Loved the rhythmic flair of it.

Cool.

Yep, that was when I first heard of it. I think that was its first performance in that concert.

If you want to hear it again go here-> http://www.chimai.com/

In "This week's special" there are always rare pieces to download and "Icaro secondo" is currently on there.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Dynasty (Two Steps From Hell)

This is the very generic trailer music sound and the album doesn't have the variety you can find on later TSFH albums. It has 99 tracks, and of those I only found 13 I really liked. Still, it was easy to rate and in the future I will only play those 13 tracks, which makes a pretty bitching album in itself.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Camelot - The Danna Brothers

Unusual score. Heavy use of choir, lots of modern (surely highly anachronistic) elements. Pretty engaging, with a lovely theme. I think f_c would like it - it may help to fill a void before what he wants, turns up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: GREAT COMPOSERS (Georges Delerue)

Between this excellent 2CD set (thanks again, Ravi!) and the massive 6CD set (which, sadly, is breaking apart at the seams), I have my Delerue fix for a while (in addition to some individual soundtracks, of course). There's nothing like some sweet Delerue melancholy, at least in smaller doses.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Geez, whazzap with all the goats?

I think James was sacrificing his post for the good of the forum...and trying to get to the next page?

I think James was sacrificing his goat for the good of the forum. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. The House of the Spirits - Hans Zimmer

Zimmer's take on the epic family drama is a relaxing melancholic work. The arranged album of suites helps the material ebb and flow.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote
    The House of the Spirits - Hans Zimmer

Zimmer's take on the epic family drama is a relaxing melancholic work. The arranged album of suites helps the material ebb and flow.

Great score, love it. But regret selling it awhile back. Different time, different circumstances.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

shocked

I agree, it's glowy, and I like glowy, but that's about it. The plot was clearly constructed by a computer that had been fed the first film and told to mix it with random new age philosophy quotes.

I, on the contrary, loved it. Top of all was Bridges who always stunning, but the visuals, the whole world, the battles, the music was simply breathtaking (at the cinema). Loved it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.