• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    THE KARATE KID - JAMES HORNER

One of his more enjoyable of recent years. I'm really liking it, especially for how it works in the film.

smile

The final cue is one of Horner's best of the decade.

The best cue is unquestionably "Kung Fu Heaven". Even if it's very short, it's a glimpse into the religious sound I love so much.

My favorite is "I Want To Go Home" - The Forbidden City. Classic Horner.

NP: Priest - Christopher Young

First cue. Very Drag to the Hell-esque, with the woodwinds and strings. The main theme is played in the brass with some chorus. There's also an organ in the cue. Great beginning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011
    Priest - Christopher Young

Blimey, this is fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. 2011 is turning into a fine year for new film music.
  2. Southall wrote

Blimey, this is fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. 2011 is turning into a fine year for new film music.

I know. I love how dark it sounds. Typical Young.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    NP: La Ligne Droite - Patrick Doyle
    I can't decide whether this or The Great Miracle is my favorite 2011 score. Doyle achieves here the flowing energy of James Newton Howard at his finest, while maintaining his own refined, uplifting voice.

The great miracle by far smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

edit: Wow!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Southall wrote

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I just end to listen it and I think it's wonderful. There's another theme played in Cathedral City Blue and A World Without End, which is cool.

By the way, it's just me or Lisbeth Scott sings in the score?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2011
    Southall wrote

Pushed to the wall by Alan, pushed over the edge by James...this is now a must have!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. NP: On the Beach (Gordon) & Slipstream (Bernstein)

Both of these wonderful scores have made it a lovely morning. The latter in particular is a lovely find, so glad it made it out, even if the legality of the release is now in question.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2011 edited
    NP: Priest - Christopher Young

This is a mix of Zimmer's current ostinato driven action styling with a heavy dose of Young's own unmistakable sound. This is a lot of fun especially the epic "The Vampire Train." Gothic, epic, bold, thematic, sinister, thrilling... yeah, really good stuff!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. NP: Gun - Christopher Lennertz

Listening to some selection from this at the moment. And I have to say that "Deadly Cargo and Hollister's Ambush" is one of my favourite Lennertz track. This needs an official release from someone like La-La Land Records.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Great score... which is a nice tip of the cap to Broughton!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. But I am not keen on Broughton's stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Great Miracle - Mark McKenzie

Absolutely divine!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Gun - Christopher Lennertz

Listening to some selection from this at the moment. And I have to say that "Deadly Cargo and Hollister's Ambush" is one of my favourite Lennertz track. This needs an official release from someone like La-La Land Records.

What version do you have? Mine doesn't have any track by that name.
  8. "Preist" (Young)

I assume none of Gerrard's additional material is on the CD. I am listening to cues via YT.

I heard a lot of positive things about it, including one guy proclaiming it the best score of 2011 (though it was recorded early September of 2010). I've heard now five cues, including a cue titled "The Vampire Train" which was priased. While my ears perked up at some interesting stuff, and enjoyed those brief moments, I am not captured like others.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    "Preist" (Young)

I heard a lot of positive things about it, including one guy proclaiming it the best score of 2011 (though it was recorded early September of 2010).

It doesn't matter when it was recorded... the film release date is what you go by.

justin boggan wrote
    While my ears perked up at some interesting stuff, and enjoyed those brief moments, I am not captured like others.

Because you are listening to it on YouTube.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Could be a game rip...? The version I got from Lennertz has 19 tracks.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But I am not keen on Broughton's stuff!

Me neither. Except SILVERADO, which is a superb, operatic score in the film and works pretty well alone too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

I am sure it must be a game rip. I didn't have access to anything else. Next chance I get I will check.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  9. NP: Guilty of Being Innocent of Being Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribean (Zimmer)

I never we're a fan from the music of the saga, though I know and like the themes. But I love what I'm hearing.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

How long is it? Mine is 30 tracks 1 hour 2 mins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: POTC4
    Ok. it is a bad album and a bad score. Zimmer in lazy mode except for... "mermaids"

oh my god! this track is amazing! magic, huge, epic, powerful...and from the 4th minute with rythms and sounds from the old zimmer school!

Palm tree escape is really cool too. a step betweem pirates 1 and pirates 2.
  10. Nautilus wrote
    NP: POTC4
    Ok. it is a bad album and a bad score. Zimmer in lazy mode except for... "mermaids"

oh my god! this track is amazing! magic, huge, epic, powerful...and from the 4th minute with rythms and sounds from the old zimmer school!

Palm tree escape is really cool too. a step betweem pirates 1 and pirates 2.

I know. Though the beginning reminded me the beginning of Old Souls from Inception. I think the best thing of the album are the latin touches by Rodrigo and Gabriela, especially with the rendition of the main theme in End Credits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2011 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

I've just checked my version. It must be a game rip: 47 tracks 115 minutes of music. This is the track I was meaning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2011 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

1 hour and 15 minutes. Interesting though... I have two promos Both came from Lennertz's but have different content. The first one has 19 tracks (1h15m) the other is 30 track (1h2m) but sounds like a different mix. The first promo has a very deep, epic, punchy mix while the other one sounds a bit thin. Hummm...

-Erik-
  11. Listening to a playlist of favourite tracks sometimes throws together some jarring tracks: "Easy Winners" from The Sting and "The Bridge of Khazad Dum" from The Fellowship of The Ring.

dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2011
    NP: MANNIX (Lalo Schifrin)

The rerecording. Doesn't get more funky with a big band jazz group than this!
    I am extremely serious.