• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2011
    plindboe wrote
    Children of Dune (Tyler)

Kick-ass!

Peter smile

The birth of Tyler's style, along with Darkness Falls, from the same year. Love it!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    plindboe wrote
    Children of Dune (Tyler)

Kick-ass!

Peter smile

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I loathe Children of Dune. I wouldn't group extraordinary efforts like Darkness Falls, The Hunted or Terror Tract with Dune.... especially that Lifeforce/Deep Blue Sea rip off Tyler calls his main theme.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I didn't loathe it, but I wouldn't put it with those (or Timeline) either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm not fond of Timeline either.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Kung Fu Panda 6 - Hans and John

I can't believe Thor doesn't have this yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think Kung 4 Panda was the best!

shame
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I think it's his best!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cristian wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Children of Dune (Tyler)

Kick-ass!

Peter smile

yeah

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    Kung Fu Panda 6 - Hans and John

I can't believe Thor doesn't have this yet.

In fact it's only KFP2 I'm listening to. It's pretty enjoyable! I remember the first having a few more standout moments, but not quite this amount of decent action material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I think it's his best!

Ummm... it's Ok... I find it very repetitive. I rarely listen to Tyler's music but when I do I reach for stuff like Darkness Fall, Terror Tract, Frality, and The Hunted, which had much more promise and much more personality.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I think it's his best!

Ummm... it's Ok... I find it very repetitive. I rarely listen to Tyler's music but when I do I reach for stuff like Darkness Fall, Terror Tract, Frality, and The Hunted, which had much more promise and much more personality.

-Erik-

Timeline/Children of Dune/other Brian Tyler action scores sort of blend together after a while with the major RC/MV influences with the action stylings and the power anthem (especially in Children of Dune = Gladiator Part II).
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I think it's his best!

-Erik-

I think Timeliene and Darkness falls are his best scores so far. With with own voice, without having to be so over the top than in BLA or AVPM. Also they had the best theme he has composed. Then Bug or The Hunted are highly interesting.

Children of dune is ver repetitive and way too much influenced for "the last temptation" -"gladiator".

Kung Fu Panda 2

It is growing on me. It is more complex, richer and sofisticated than the first score so you need more patience to dig deeply into a complicated structure to discover its subtle riches.

And then you have the action stuff wich is far better than the first score.

I have "zen master ball" in reapeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Birth - Alexandre Desplat

Superb! One of my favorite Desplat scores (I don't have too many Desplat favorites) but this one is so fresh and featured sounds, ideas and orchestrations that I had never heard before in a symphonic film score. Too bad it didn't work particularly well in the film.

So bloody good that I HAD to play it again!

-Erik-
  1. It is good. Still the one for him to beat, if he can.

I'm not sure I agree with you on how it worked in the film. I think the film wasn't a particularly satisfying story in its own right, but the music mostly seemed to be adding ideas when it was there. It wasn't an amazing score, but it definitely had an impact.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I felt under whelmed by it... not all of it... but after hearing it first I thought it would have a stronger impact in the film. You're right though the film wasn't particularly good and unfortunately Desplat music suffered. However, that opening jogging scene is one of the most stunning and memorable scenes I've seen in the past ten years mainly due to Desplat's pitch perfect musical accompaniment.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: 1492: Conquest of Paradise - Vangelis

Perfect late night listening. What a fantastic album!

-Erik-
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    I felt under whelmed by it... not all of it... but after hearing it first I thought it would have a stronger impact in the film. You're right though the film wasn't particularly good and unfortunately Desplat music suffered. However, that opening jogging scene is one of the most stunning and memorable scenes I've seen in the past ten years mainly due to Desplat's pitch perfect musical accompaniment.

-Erik-

I said earlier, but was completely ignored, that that whole score radiates sex. I think it's that underlying bass. By the time the score opens up with "The Kiss" and with the Birth Waltz, it's full-on orgasm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011 edited
    ^ Yeah... I don't get that. Basic Instinct RADIATES sex. Body Heat RADIATES sex. Wild Things RADIATES sex. That underlying bass I always attributed to a heartbeat (which does get elevated during sex) but of the reincarnated heartbeat of the dead husband. I also get a sense of mysticism with the score... the twinkling bells, harp, celesta, etc have a magical quality. There's also a sense of a child's innocence. as well. But sex... that never came through for me.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Panthera wrote
    Apocalypto - James Horner

I think it is underrated. To me it can be quite enjoyable when I am in the mood.

Love it. Dark, violent, rough. This and Howard Shore's exceptional THE CALL were big surprises for me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: 1492: Conquest of Paradise - Vangelis

Perfect late night listening. What a fantastic album!

-Erik-

Agree. The other day i was listening to ALEXANDER, it's an equally excellent album, a very pleasant listening experience. Very underrated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    L'Ennemi Intime - Alexandre Desplat

This elegiac, often discordant suite for a war film is Desplat at his best. I wish it was more popular.

And i wish Tree of life sounded like this (Or Birth) wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: Angel - Philippe Rombi

Is this score a masterpiece or what?

We need more scores like this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    ^ Yeah... I don't get that. Basic Instinct RADIATES sex. Body Heat RADIATES sex. Wild Things RADIATES sex. That underlying bass I always attributed to a heartbeat (which does get elevated during sex) but of the reincarnated heartbeat of the dead husband. I also get a sense of mysticism with the score... the twinkling bells, harp, celesta, etc have a magical quality. There's also a sense of a child's innocence. as well. But sex... that never came through for me.

-Erik-

Nice, I like this Erik! He writes interesting things. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: tree of Life

I like it. it's a good score to sleep with.

I think it's The Thin Red Line meets Benjamin Button meets Solaris.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    My own Spring playlist

Let us quest.
    mean Knights

fast Five
    train heist
    vault heist

main title from Soul surfer

Palm tree escape
    Mermaids

Save Kung Fu
    Stealth Mode
    Rickshaw Chase
    More Cannons!
    Po Finds the Truth
    Zen master ball

Train vampire
    A world without...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011 edited
    I'm reviewing my End Credits playlist for an up coming edition of FILM MUSIC MIX on my radio show and I'm currently spinning the end credits from TWISTER featuring Eddie Van Halen's soaring electric guitar theme "Respect The Wind." So good!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm reviewing my End Credits playlist for an up coming edition of FILM MUSIC MIX on my radio show and I'm currently spinning the end credits from TWISTER featuring Eddie Van Halen's soaring electric guitar theme "Respect The Wind." So good!

-Erik-

A mindblowing track for sure.