• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    NP : VERTICAL LIMIT - James Newton Howard

Superb! punk

I've always been curious about this. I've seen the film, but can't remember much of the music.

Is it very action-heavy or are there lots of slow, majestic mountain things going on?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Murder at 1600 - Christopher Young

One of his better horror scores (better than the Hellraiser series for sure).

It isn't a horror film, is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Superb! punk

I've always been curious about this. I've seen the film, but can't remember much of the music.

Is it very action-heavy or are there lots of slow, majestic mountain things going on?

The former - lots of action. I think it's one of his most entertaining albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Enter the Dragon - Lalo Schifrin

Great fun.
  1. Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

It isn't a horror film, is it?

I thought it was?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
    A straightforward action/thriller, if it's the film I'm thinking of (with that bald guy in).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No, not Telly Savalas. Nor Yul Brynner. Nor my Uncle Bob.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    No, not Telly Savalas. Nor Yul Brynner. Nor my Uncle Bob.

Does it have Wesley Snipes in it? with Diane (yum) Lane as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Murder at 1600. D.C. detective Harlan Regis is called to the White House after a young woman is murdered in the White House. Regis realizes this won't be a typical investigation as he keeps running into a brick wall with the Secret Service. He is only able to get the help of Agent Chance. All of this is occurring while a hostage scandal in Korea threatens to destroy the President's term.

Director: Dwight H. Little
    Stars: Wesley Snipes, Diane Lane and Daniel Benzali (the bald guy)

Very good score but not better than Young's Hellraiser music... not by a long shot.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ah yes... Daniel Benzali from Murder One, my favourite tv show that nobody other than me watched.
  2. I actually watched it. I'm not sure it'd hold up so well today, but it was good at the time.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Southall wrote
    Ah yes... Daniel Benzali from Murder One, my favourite tv show that nobody other than me watched.

I also watched it - and thought it was great. I remember being thoroughly caught up in it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Return to the Jedi - John Williams

Not as strong overall as Empire Strikes Back, but the action music in this is some of JW's best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011 edited
    It is officially impossible for Kevin to post something without saying something negative.

I understand its a certain review style to do that but for some reason it drives me crazy!! biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. NP: Ned Kelly (Klaus Badelt)

Klaus's peak came early with this drama score. Strong hints of Thin Red Line along the way. Film isn't great, and the music doesn't help it much. Lovely listening if you're in the mood though.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Scribe wrote
    It is officially impossible for Kevin to post something without saying something negative.

I understand its a certain review style to do that but for some reason it drives me crazy!! biggrin

I'm sorry? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Its ok I'm just one of those annoyingly positive people that likes to think only positive thoughts, when possible...don't mind me smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote

Now you're just being silly Kevin tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Memo to self: Just because it says Murder in the title does not make it a horror score.

I believe the correct term is "making a fool of myself" yet again...

slant

I figure if everyone says something positive in Now Playing, where's the debate side?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Ned Kelly (Klaus Badelt)

Klaus's peak came early with this drama score. Strong hints of Thin Red Line along the way. Film isn't great, and the music doesn't help it much. Lovely listening if you're in the mood though.

I quite liked this score, kinda Barryesque in places.

p.s. I saw Ned Kelly's death mask in the Melbourne Gaol, grizzly stuff, it still had his real eyebrows attached to it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Memo to self: Just because it says Murder in the title does not make it a horror score.

slant

You haven't made a fool of yourself at all ( well, except for saying it's better than his Hellraiser scores ), it's a good score and you could say it's "horror", anything to do with murder is horrific I'spose? Or am I trying to dig you out of a hole? wink
  6. Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

slant

You haven't made a fool of yourself at all ( well, except for saying it's better than his Hellraiser scores ), it's a good score and you could say it's "horror", anything to do with murder is horrific I'spose? Or am I trying to dig you out of a hole? wink

My philosophy about hole-digging:

If you keep digging, you'll come out the other side.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Then your glass is half full wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    KevinSmith wrote
    I figure if everyone says something positive in Now Playing, where's the debate side?

You are completely right.
    I just don't want to debate, I want to float through the sky on my beautiful-music-cloud and think every score is awesome in its own way spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Superb! punk

The former - lots of action. I think it's one of his most entertaining albums.

Thematic and sweeping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Murder in the First is some scary shit! tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Heidi - John Williams

Unheralded gem from the maestro.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Game of Thrones - Ramin Djawadi

My wife and I are currently half way through the first season and we are hooked! Superb writing, great characters, inspired casting, beautiful cinematography and stunning production design. Most big budget films don't look this good!

While I really haven't noticed Djawadi's score in the first five episodes... it's appropriate for the character driven drama - very laid back, non intrusive (with a few exceptions) but the main title that he wrote is one of the finest themes I've heard this year. That theme paired with the stunning main title animation is a visual feast!

This is my first listen of the soundtrack album so I'm eager to hear if this score works on its own.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Game of Thrones is a great show.
    Call me prudish and old fashioned but I wish they pulled back on the language and sex scenes a tad.
    But other than that it was very impressive on all levels! Can't wait for season 2!
    The music works fine on both the show and on CD. It's mostly very understated but effective.