• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Will everyone please stop saying how good this set is!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011
    Doesn't anyone have the La La Land Medal of Honor box set? Because if you don't you are missing out! It's awesome! tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I agree. It's barely worth being alive if you don't own this set.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    What's so good about this box set? Can you put your penis in it or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm probably the only one who's not bonkers about this set. Not surprising, I guess, since I've never been a Giacchino fan (and also don't have any connection to the games), but I've long since wanted to check out the earlier ones due to the alleged Williams pastiche going on. On the other hand, I'm no longer into that kind of orchestral adventure music as much I used to....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor = Fun Kill!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I'm currently listening to Thor (not OUR Thor)... first time , I have detected some good moments but I'll tell you later my thoughts on it.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. LSH wrote
    What's so good about this box set? Can you put your penis in it or something?

No, I think that would be the upcoming X box...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011 edited
    Southall wrote
    Medal of Honour - Giacchino

Excellent. I mislaid this CD years ago so it's nice to have it again on the La-La release. I had underrated it in my mind in the years since I last heard it. Hugely enjoyable.

You also bought the set? I remember you didn't liked it very much, or at least didn't have the highest opinion. Great to see yo go for full force. Stop before Djawadi's though.

Erik Woods wrote
    Thor = Fun Kill!

biggrin
    Kazoo
  3. Love In The Dunes - Public Enemies (Elliot Goldenthal)

Very soothing. I like the synths in this one and the piano. I hope this score gets a expanded relese.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor = Fun Kill!

-Erik-

That's what my business card says! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Card. More than one is redundant. But no more than 30.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. NP: Largo's Sorrow - Largo Winch 2 (Desplat)

Beautiful piano renditions of the main theme with solo cello and strings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    Card. More than one is redundant. But no more than 30.

You're a bag full of 30-minute jokes, aren't ya?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Card. More than one is redundant. But no more than 30.

You're a bag full of 30-minute jokes, aren't ya?

He's the only one that laughs at his own jokes because no one else will.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    The Edge- Goldsmith
    What themes!
    I'm inspired to go for a run.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Minority Report- Williams
    This score offers so much. Great action cues, suspense cues, and lush, beautiful melodies.
  7. Awakenings - Randy Newman

Introspective drama with a tender main theme.
  8. omaha wrote
    This score offers so much. Great action cues, suspense cues, and lush, beautiful melodies.

I love that one. My favorite cue is A New Beginning.

NP: En La Sala de Espera - Tiempo de Tormenta (Ángel Illarramendi)

Talking about beautiful melodies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Soul Surfer - Marco B

I agree with all the positive comments about this, very heartfelt and beautiful score.
  9. Southall wrote
    I agree. It's barely worth being alive if you don't own this set.

Having the official releases of MOH, MOH:U and MOH:F is more than enough for me. And Allied Assault I got on a separate CD when I bought the game.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Soul Surfer - Marco B

I agree with all the positive comments about this, very heartfelt and beautiful score.

Some of the action cues on the initial portion of the score are a bit weird...but i have listened to it only once. needs time to get to me 'cause 'till now it hasn't.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  10. THE BURBS - JERRY GOLDSMITH

There's no denying this must be one of the best comedy scores of all time. But Jerry having been the master he was, he didn't just do comedy for this film, there's a bit of everything in it.

Great fun in the film and on CD. Good to finally have a copy. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote

It is stunning, indeed.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    THE BURBS - JERRY GOLDSMITH

There's no denying this must be one of the best comedy scores of all time. But Jerry having been the master he was, he didn't just do comedy for this film, there's a bit of everything in it.

Which CD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote

Yes indeed! Superb score and one of Jerry's finest!

DreamTheater wrote
    Having the official releases of MOH, MOH:U and MOH:F is more than enough for me. And Allied Assault I got on a separate CD when I bought the game.

Well, if you aren't going to buy the new set then at least download Lennertz's European Assault which, IMO, in on the same level as Giacchino's masterpieces. Unfortuantely, the iTunes, Amazon, etc download of the score doesn't include the 41 minutes of previously unreleased material but you still get 32 minutes of stunning symphonic writing - some of the best I've heard for a video game!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Medal of Honor: European Assault - Christopher Lennertz

I can't get enough of it! punk

-Erik-
  12. KevinSmith wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Which CD?

Deluxe. I got one from a collector who is busy getting rid of all his scores.
  13. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Well, if you aren't going to buy the new set then at least download Lennertz's European Assault which, IMO, in on the same level as Giacchino's masterpieces. Unfortuantely, the iTunes, Amazon, etc download of the score doesn't include the 41 minutes of previously unreleased material but you still get 32 minutes of stunning symphonic writing - some of the best I've heard for a video game!

-Erik-

European Assault is okay (the main theme being the best cue), but Lennertz' sound isn't exactly making me jump in excitement. Rising Sun is pretty boring IMO. I remember feeling very sad when Giacchino called it a day after Frontline and Allied Assault, and Rising Sun not being up to Michael's standard. But so happy was I with Airborne because it kicks major ass.

However, I'm going to give it a go and listen to all of the unreleased material and see if it improves my thoughts on the guy's music.