• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Southall wrote
    Been watching Deadwood again?

One of my favorite scene:

Mister Wu wants those cocksuckers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4er5eEMGrFQ

Brilliant!

I didn't watch because I'm watching the full series for the first time. ( Still on the first season )

So how do you like it so far? After Six Feet Under this is my favorite tv show. Shame it was cancelled. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012
    I'm loving it! I'm well aware it was cancelled too, I'm hoping there's not too many loose ends at the end of the final series.

p.s. I'd rather not know.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. War Horse - John Williams

This is becoming my all-time favorite Williams score, after watching and loving the film. I can't think of another score he's done full of such emotion.
  2. The Horse Whisperer - Thomas Newman

Listening to War Horse put me in the mood for this other great horse score. "The Rhythm of the Horse" is one of Newman's best themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "Flying a Tank"

Brilliant piece of action music. Wish the whole score was like this.
  3. Southall wrote
    "Flying a Tank"

It actually is. It's all brilliant IMO. My favourite Indy score.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. BobdH wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    So you have it? I'm so envious right now. I'll probably have to wait another two, three weeks. sad

Most anticipated release in a long time for me.

Really? Postage is that slow in Belgium? Would it be terribly bad if I said I received it this week as well, in the Netherlands? Would it be rubbing things in? Shall I not mention it's wonderful, then?

SAE hasn't even shipped it yet. I don't know what's holding it up but you can bet it's one of the other albums I ordered it with. Anyway I'm a very patient guy, but if it isn't out of the door by the end of this week there will be hell to pay. knight kill explode
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    "Flying a Tank"

Gilles, it's actually Silvestri's A-Team score. Nothing to do with Indiana Jones!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    BobdH wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    So you have it? I'm so envious right now. I'll probably have to wait another two, three weeks. sad

Most anticipated release in a long time for me.

Really? Postage is that slow in Belgium? Would it be terribly bad if I said I received it this week as well, in the Netherlands? Would it be rubbing things in? Shall I not mention it's wonderful, then?

SAE hasn't even shipped it yet. I don't know what's holding it up but you can bet it's one of the other albums I ordered it with. Anyway I'm a very patient guy, but if it isn't out of the door by the end of this week there will be hell to pay. knight kill explode

I don't understand why you're having to wait so long Gilles? Only once have I had to wait more than 10 days and that was the 3+ weeks I had to wait for THE BLACK HOLE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    "Flying a Tank"

Gilles, it's actually Silvestri's A-Team score. Nothing to do with Indiana Jones!

shocked

face-palm-mt

biggrin

I read 'On the Tank' haha !!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    "Flying a Tank"

shocked

face-palm-mt

biggrin

I read 'On the Tank' haha !!!

Getting facts wrong on a film music board is second only to giving children a good shoeing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Let's see. I've been listening to a lot of music today with great diversity. So up to now it has been
    1. Angels and Demons ~ Hans Zimmer (It gets me every time!)
    2. New Μοοn ~ Alexandre Desplat (Have I told you I want to marry that man?)
    3. Far and Away ~ John Williams (Celtic sound! Yeah!!!)
    and now playing under dark skies and heavy rain, with a deep sense of melancholy Bram Stoker's Dracula ~ Wojciech Kilar. It's the 20th time the past few days... Tim what have you done to me reminding me of this! The book, the film and Kilar's music are a beloved part of my teenage years. I used to have the quote "I have crossed oceans of time to find you" written in my literature notebook. shame

P.S. It's Easter for some of you, isn't it? Well Happy Easter then! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    20 times is still not too much wink

Howabout trying THE NINTH GATE for a change of pace, it's quite dark and moody.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2012 edited
    I know Ninth Gate and I like it. As I like The Pianist but what captivates me in Dracula is the story behind the music. I wrote it before the darkness, the love that crosses time, the fallen angel theme and how this is laid in front of you in every piece he wrote. You know there is a legend saying that Kilar wrote Dracula before even watching drafts of the film. I don't know if this is true but what I know for fact is that the brilliance of his work is so undeniable and so overwhelming that it's a pity for such a great composer not to have received the praise he deserves. His classic pieces are absolutely marvellous.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It was originally rumoured that he would score LORD OF THE RINGS, I would love to have heard that? Still, I'm not complaining about Howard Shore's sublime efforts.
  7. I've been playing that Men Don't Leave suite on YouTube obsessively. Early Newman is just as good as current Newman. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012
    Regarding Kilar, I'm still not hooked on his minimalist stylings (which kinda grate a bit after a while), but I love the dark romance bits of the DRACULA score (and other works).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Getting facts wrong on a film music board is second only to giving children a good shoeing.

True, shoeing children is definitely better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012 edited
    -
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

True, shoeing children is definitely better.

Tough one, you got me there. spin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote
    It was originally rumoured that he would score LORD OF THE RINGS, I would love to have heard that? Still, I'm not complaining about Howard Shore's sublime efforts.

Was it? That indeed would have been something but I'm more than happy with Shore's score and I can't wait for THE HOBBIT to come out.
  8. Kilar didn't want to score the whole trilogy and that's what they demanded from him.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I guess it would have been more minimalistic and darker if Kilar had scored it. But again the Lord of the Rings is a journey through darkness to light so it would be interesting.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TRIBUTE TO BERNARD HERRMANN PART II

Amer Zahid hosting Erik's Cinematic Sounds, great stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    He really did a magnificent job! And he'll be back soon with a Jarre tribute!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The Rock - Nick Glennie-Smith, Hans Zimmer & Harry Gregson-Williams (along with Don Harper, Russ Landau, Steven Stern and another guy I don' know about)

One of my all time favorite score. I was tempted to listen to this one again after reading Pawel's post. I still can't hear JNH connection, but that's fine. One thing you can't say about Bruckheimers productions is that it's lacking themes and melody. Action theme, sad melody, suspense theme, it's all here. It's also one of Michael Bay's best movie, along with Bad Boys and Armageddon, IMO, though that doesn't mean much to some of you. There's some great directorial choices in the movie that made it so memorable to me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PROPHECY - Leonard Rosenman

I can't imagine too many people enjoying this one? I like it a lot but I really have to be in the mood for this kind of horror scoring, great 'in-your-face' use of the blaster beam too.
  9. Timmer wrote
    NP : PROPHECY - Leonard Rosenman

I can't imagine too many people enjoying this one? I like it a lot but I really have to be in the mood for this kind of horror scoring, great 'in-your-face' use of the blaster beam too.

This is a Rosenman that I "enjoy" quite a lot.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    lp wrote
    NP: The Rock - Nick Glennie-Smith, Hans Zimmer & Harry Gregson-Williams (along with Don Harper, Russ Landau, Steven Stern and another guy I don' know about)

One of my all time favorite score. I was tempted to listen to this one again after reading Pawel's post. I still can't hear JNH connection, but that's fine. One thing you can't say about Bruckheimers productions is that it's lacking themes and melody. Action theme, sad melody, suspense theme, it's all here. It's also one of Michael Bay's best movie, along with Bad Boys and Armageddon, IMO, though that doesn't mean much to some of you. There's some great directorial choices in the movie that made it so memorable to me.

Couldn't agree more. One of THE action flicks of the nineties, and a great score (yes, I said great). One I return to very often. Media Ventures at its best, doing what they do (did) best: power anthems, orchestra Vs electronics, and proper THEMES.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    THE ROCK is fantastic, the culmination of the power anthem style.
    I am extremely serious.