• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012 edited
    NP: BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA (Wojciech Kilar)

Since everyone else was playing it, I had to give it another go too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012 edited
    wink smile

You won't regret your choice, I'm sure!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2012
    I wouldn't bet on it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've always liked the score (ever since I bought the soundtrack in the mid 90's), and I think the film is the best Dracula version out there, but there are bits and pieces -- the minimalist "hunt" cues, for example -- that grate a bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    THE ROCK is fantastic, the culmination of the power anthem style.

punk

The culmination, and maybe the end?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I've always liked the score (ever since I bought the soundtrack in the mid 90's), and I think the film is the best Dracula version out there, but there are bits and pieces -- the minimalist "hunt" cues, for example -- that grate a bit.

See!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote

punk

I sure hope so.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    grabs coat and runs fast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    Thor wrote

punk

Not really. It still goes on in stuff like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, TRANSFORMERS etc. but it's not as omni-present as it used to be. Zimmer himself has mostly moved on; the trend of the day now is various 'ostinato'-based things. John Powell's "Bourne riff" really redefined mainstream action scoring, just as Zimmer did with the power anthem back in the days of BLACK RAIN etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: EAST-WEST (Patrick Doyle)

Going through my Doyles now. This is a fullblooded score with some virtuoso piano playing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: EXIT TO EDEN (Patrick Doyle)

Hmmm...nah. A little too many of Doyle's annoying 'chord-stop' effects here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (Patrick Doyle)

This is a good album, maybe my second favourite in the series after the sumptous PRISONER OF AZKABAN.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (Patrick Doyle)

This is a good album, maybe my second favourite in the series after the sumptous PRISONER OF AZKABAN.

Quite possibly. I love this album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Hunger Games - Howard

This has its moments. It's not exactly brilliant, but certainly his best for a while.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM - John Powell

Great stuff! Not as good as Supremacy but not far off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM - John Powell

Great stuff! Not as good as Supremacy but not far off.

Is that the score that includes "Bim Badda Boom" or whatever it's called?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2012 edited
    Bim Bam Smash? Yes! BRILLIANT track.

even if it does include a riff very similar to cheesy dance hit No Limit by 2 Unlimited cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yup, that's it. Love that track. I don't have any of these soundtracks, amazingly, but know the scores fairly well from having seen the movies a number of times.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ultimatum's still my favourite of the albums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Legend of Zorro - Jamie Horner

I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    The Legend of Zorro - Jamie Horner

I love it.

Blimey, I only just noticed that "The Train" contains Williams's "Battle of the Heroes". Which came first?
  1. Williams.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Williams.

Yup... but Conrad Pope was an orchestrator for Horner on Legend... coincidence?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  2. Southall wrote
    I don't believe in coincidence.

That's funny, I was just thinking that myself!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2012 edited
    Southall wrote

Having said that, I saw a man earlier who was wearing a coat very similar to one my father used to wear. I asked him where he bought it, he said it was from a shop in South Shields called R.G. Jones Clothing. When I got home, I thought I'd Google the shop, and lo and behold, there was a picture of the proprietor (Andy Jones - R.G.'s grandson) with a celebrity guest. I thought - I know that face. Sure enough, it was Conrad Pope. And guess what coat he was modelling - that's right, it's the same one as my father's and this mystery man I met earlier! I thought nothing more would come of this, but on my way to the greengrocer's this evening I saw the very same man - he was out walking his dog. I pulled the car over to say hello, and ask if he was still enjoying the coat. He said he was, but there was an irritating lump in the lining. We decided to investigate and it turned out to be a sheet of manuscript paper. We managed to ease it out of the lining and couldn't quite believe it, but it was the full orchestral score for "The Train" from The Legend of Zorro! Pope must have accidentally left it in there when he was modelling the coat! My new friend said "You know what, I always thought this sounded like "Battle of the Heroes" - wasn't that also orchestrated by Conrad Pope?" I said it was, but I didn't believe in coincidence.

True story!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wow, that's amazing!! What a fantastic story. biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: HENRY V (Patrick Doyle)

Pretty amazing debut score!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Southall wrote
    Southall wrote

Having said that, I saw a man earlier who was wearing a coat very similar to one my father used to wear. I asked him where he bought it, he said it was from a shop in South Shields called R.G. Jones Clothing. When I got home, I thought I'd Google the shop, and lo and behold, there was a picture of the proprietor (Andy Jones - R.G.'s grandson) with a celebrity guest. I thought - I know that face. Sure enough, it was Conrad Pope. And guess what coat he was modelling - that's right, it's the same one as my father's and this mystery man I met earlier! I thought nothing more would come of this, but on my way to the greengrocer's this evening I saw the very same man - he was out walking his dog. I pulled the car over to say hello, and ask if he was still enjoying the coat. He said he was, but there was an irritating lump in the lining. We decided to investigate and it turned out to be a sheet of manuscript paper. We managed to ease it out of the lining and couldn't quite believe it, but it was the full orchestral score for "The Train" from The Legend of Zorro! Pope must have accidentally left it in there when he was modelling the coat! My new friend said "You know what, I always thought this sounded like "Battle of the Heroes" - wasn't that also orchestrated by Conrad Pope?" I said it was, but I didn't believe in coincidence.

True story!

My new favourite post.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am