• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Terminator Salvation
    Elfman

It is growing on me smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Planet Earth - George Fenton

Pure orchestral beauty. Truly awesome!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Underfire (Goldsmith)

very appropiate for the hot wave we are living in Catalonia.

I simply hate the synth, and the playful use of the latin sound, but the solo guitars are gorgeous!

(Yes, i saw the movie. And it doesn't gets better)

The score in the film is quite different from that on the album, if I'm remembering properly. I love them both - like DreamTheater, synths and all!

It's a markedly different score in the film. I wish this had got a deluxe treatment.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Planet Earth - George Fenton

Pure orchestral beauty. Truly awesome!

Thanks for the tip, I decided to go for this....

NP : BLUE PLANET - George Fenton

Lovely cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    Star Trek
    Michael Giacchino.

beer
    Always a great fun adventure score.

iPod has run out of batteries. Until I trek back home, that shall be it for the listening. If I lose my way, I may have to wait for the stars to guide me home.

I get to groan first.

:clears throat:... :groan:
  1. NP: MINORITY REPORT -- John Williams

One of the score I don't like to listen to, but it remains Williams and therefore never forgettable. It is just too long, but perfect for the movie nonetheless
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: MINORITY REPORT -- John Williams

One of the score I don't like to listen to, but it remains Williams and therefore never forgettable. It is just too long, but perfect for the movie nonetheless

Anderton's great escape punk

NP:The Dark Knight

While it's not so succesful in create a soundscape like the Bourne supremacy , it's a great one!

I really think it's an epic and almost perfect score in his category.

PS: Why the first string progression in LIke a Dog Chasing cars reminds me Williams Superman?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE 49th PARALLEL - Ralph Vaughan Williams

Classic score to a classic film cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

It's amazing that most around here instantly give a big punk to Anderton's Great Escape when I find that cue to be completely and utterly out of place with the tone of the rest of the score. It might be a fun ride out of the context but if you group it along with the rest of the cues from the score it's a train wreck. The Indiana Jonesesque spirit of the piece is wrong wrong WRONG! I prefer cues like "Pre-Crime to the Rescue" and "Everybody Runs!"

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    PS: Why the first string progression in LIke a Dog Chasing cars reminds me Williams Superman?

It's the crack. You have to lay off the stuff.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

It's amazing that most around here instantly give a big punk to Anderton's Great Escape when I find that cue to be completely and utterly out of place with the tone of the rest of the score. It might be a fun ride out of the context but if you group it along with the rest of the cues from the score it's a train wreck. The Indiana Jonesesque spirit of the piece is wrong wrong WRONG! I prefer cues like "Pre-Crime to the Rescue" and "Everybody Runs!"

-Erik-

Well, The the actiion scene has some Indy moments too. Like when the Rocket burns the burgers, etc.. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

It's the crack. You have to lay off the stuff.

I was gonna say something, but it was so much less acerbic than your comment it would just dissolve next to it. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Well, The the actiion scene has some Indy moments too. Like when the Rocket burns the burgers, etc.. spin

Even the scene is out of context. And the burger stuff was just plain AWFUL!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This piece HERE is what I've just played on CD. Zero X Theme by Barry Gray

It's just such a glorious piece of music I just had to share it.

Can someone please let me know that it plays
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    A very heroic one Tim!

EDIT: It plays just fine for me! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    beer I love it! Such a triumphant wonderful theme. They really don't write them like this anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    F.A.B. here as well, Timmer!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...and of course I had to immediately revert to THE ORIGINAL.
    What a fantastic opening sequence and theme that still is to this day!
    (Though I grant it may well be a major "toys for boys" moment as well shame )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    punk Sweet! cool

And that 'bongo fury' intro is darn near unbeatable
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    punk BAH! Totally unbeatable. punk

(almost)
  2. Martijn wrote

(almost)

But getting back to that Barry Gray vibe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9j5F3sm-Ok
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZW4groJro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXtYxU6T6UA
    punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Watching those Barry Gray clips again I've always loved how the music and visuals sync: the descending Eagle and explosion at the beginning of Space: 1999 and the rockets being fired from the Interceptors and the explosion at the end of UFO.

If my memory serves me, that credits sequence for UFO was what was actually aired. Almost a minute and a half of TV theme showcasing at its best.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Martijn wrote

(almost)

Brilliant! But in a different way. Love it!!! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    NP: Superfly - Curtis Mayfield

I've not had much chance to listen to this since I bought it but it's a great change from the usual orchestral scoring. I may just stop after this one and head off to bed...."grreat!"
    sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    'nice!'
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Antarctica - Vangelis

I need something to dry out this rainy lukewarm weather! And this score works. cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I must remember to play this again!

Sounds good to chill out in this hot weather cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Antarctica sounds cool but also warm emotionally... love it! smile

NP: Lilo & Stitch - Alan Silvestri

Heroic Stitch theme is fun, tender Lilo theme is lovely, and I want more. Meega, nala kwishta! crazy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    Miya wrote
    NP: Lilo & Stitch - Alan Silvestri

Heroic Stitch theme is fun, tender Lilo theme is lovely, and I want more. Meega, nala kwishta! crazy

There is a rare Academy promo floating around out there.

http://www.alan-silvestri.com/main.html … promo.html

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sea Hawk
    Korngold

Gorgeous smile