• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose yesterday.

It was okay: nothing more really. On the whole, I found the court scenes kept my attention more than the rest.

And I'm glad I heard the score before seeing the movie - I didn't think that the music was very noticeable at all and I would have probably passed on the CD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Horner? dizzy

Beethoven.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Only You
    Marisa Tomei, Robert Downey Jr., Rachel Portman and plenty of Italy. Nice romantic watch for a lazy Sunday with a fun airport climax!
  2. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Horner? dizzy

Beethoven.

Ah yes V for Victory face-palm-mt shame
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Gwoemul (The host) - trailer

The trailer for this south korean movie indicates a serious horror movie, but the actual movie is rather light and humourous. The monster is very cool, and there are many monster scenes. The non-monster scenes are rather boring and sometimes makes little sense. It has 7.1 on imdb, so I expected a great movie. It was a let-down however. I ended up giving it a 4 rating.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    DUMB AND DUMBER

OMG! OMG! i couldn't control my laughter. This is really one of the best comedy movie ever made. I admire Jim Carey acting style. Simply awesome! In this movie, I like Jim Carey's dream scene, it was so naughty and funny too.

Finally something we agree on!

So I guess we should stop putting bets on those bloody ring fights you two promised us? angry

STOP PROVOKING! angry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    DUMB AND DUMBER

OMG! OMG! i couldn't control my laughter. This is really one of the best comedy movie ever made. I admire Jim Carey acting style. Simply awesome! In this movie, I like Jim Carey's dream scene, it was so naughty and funny too.

Finally something we agree on!

The jokes are endless!

-Erik-

Indeed. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    The French Connection

Fabulous film, great car chase, terrific Gene Hackman. I'd forgotten how good it is.

Incredible film, part II is hardly slouching either.

I recorded that too. I'm not sure if I've ever seen it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    The Mummy 3

A very slight and very silly film, but I probably enjoyed it (and its score, inside the film at least) a little more than the second instalment.

Good god in heaven, you really must not like Stephen Sommers!

I loved Deep Rising and The Mummy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ray Mears Northern Wilderness (the lack of apostrophe is not my doing)

Really enjoyed watching this six-part documentary about Canada, specifically how it was explored and charted by the early Europeans and how the natives' traditions and practices left a lasting mark on them. What a beautiful country it is! First time I'd seen a Ray Mears series - will now look to catch up with the others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    The Mummy 3

A very slight and very silly film, but I probably enjoyed it (and its score, inside the film at least) a little more than the second instalment.

If you are talking about the first half of the film... indeed! The first half of The Mummy 3 is even better than Indy 4.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE SHINING

I saw this movie very recently for the first time. Jack Nicholson was awesome. He delivered great performance in the movie. Honestly, first half of the movie was really boring, almost i was sleep but movie's actual pace starts after exactly 1 hour of the movie. The climax was completely weird. However, i liked the movie. And also i liked the score very much but only big minus point was that on some scenes, music doesn't fit it all. It just sounded very deliberately but not professionally. What i try to mean is scene was going on one track and music was going on other track. Cues written for certain scenes doesn't suit that well. Sometimes, there was overdose of music inserted in some scenes. Did anyone noticed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    The West Wing, which is becoming increasingly harder to keep my enthusiasm for.

Are you MAD, boy? angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    THE SHINING

One of my alltime favorite movies. It's just perfect, I've nothing to complain about. The music makes the whole thing ultra creepy. Have rated it a 10 on imdb, which is a very rare rating for me.

Rrrrreeeeeeeddddddrrrrruuuuuummmm

Peter babybaby
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you MAD, boy? angry

He must be.
  3. plindboe wrote
    Gwoemul (The host) - trailer

The trailer for this south korean movie indicates a serious horror movie, but the actual movie is rather light and humourous. The monster is very cool, and there are many monster scenes. The non-monster scenes are rather boring and sometimes makes little sense. It has 7.1 on imdb, so I expected a great movie. It was a let-down however. I ended up giving it a 4 rating.

Peter smile

One of my favourites of its genre. The mixture of social satire and monster movie was a delight for me. (And to be honest, the non-monster scenes are the ones I've enjoyed more on repeat viewing.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. The Goonies

No matter how this films has aged, it doesn't age in appeal. Man, typical 80's charm, typical 80's fun, typical 80's style, the actors are cute, cool and funny (even though they are energetic as hell), the adventure is fun and exciting and the characters are diverse

+ what a great score from Grusin, I want this one released as well angry

8 out of 10 punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    right. Where's my buckit? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. The Goonies was a very good movie! I grew up on it!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you MAD, boy? angry

He must be.

It's well written, witty, funny, moving and intelligent. I get that, I'm no philistine. But for me it's not the most addictive or gripping TV. I mostly don't like the fact that it's predominantly set within the White House, it feels very claustrophobic (which I know is kind of the point, but personally I don't like it). And I'm not really interested in politics. Fringe, on the other hand, is about science and mystery. (Also, the music is just atrocious in season 1 of West Wing. Just awful.)

I'm not saying Fringe is better than West Wing, I just prefer it. Much prefer it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're a Philistine.
    Obviously.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My only real problem with The West Wing was that it occasionally got a bit too preachy (and I rarely agreed with what it was preaching about). Otherwise I loved it. Of course, if what you want from tv is monosyllabic garbage dialogue, undeveloped characters, shoddy acting but cool explosions then I can well understand not liking it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Of course, if what you want from tv is monosyllabic garbage dialogue, undeveloped characters, shoddy acting but cool explosions then I can well understand not liking it.

Predictable as ever.

As I've already said, I know West Wing is brilliantly written. But its formula (i.e. a political show set within the White House) just doesn't interest me as much as a good old sci-fi mystery show, regardless of how well written it is.

And now that I've watched season 1 of West Wing as a comparative to other shows, I wouldn't describe Fringe as having monosyllabic garbage dialogue, undeveloped characters, shoddy acting and cool explosions. It's certainly not as character developed as West Wing, but it's no slouch in any of those aspects either (John Noble as the mad scientist is far more entertaining a character than anyone from West Wing). It entertains on different levels.

Although I will admit, my favourite thing from West Wing is Martin Sheen. He's a God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, I WAS only joking. I've never seen Fringe and while I would love the world to be a place where everyone loved tv shows like The West Wing and didn't love shows like the ones on ITV, it isn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Are you stil reading Steven's posts?
    Surely anything he said or ever will say has been massively invalidated by his Philistinyness?

He is WRONG and EVIL.

I propose a stake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll have mine medium-rare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Are you stil reading Steven's posts?
    Surely anything he said or ever will say has been massively invalidated by his Philistinyness?

He is WRONG and EVIL.

I propose a stake.

Is this word, "stake", a synonym to "ban"?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, clearly Martijn is trying to propose a division of ecclesiastical territory, consisting of a number of wards presided over by a president and two counselors.