• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    No, clearly Martijn is trying to propose a division of ecclesiastical territory, consisting of a number of wards presided over by a president and two counselors.

You go to great lengths trying to disprove your Philistinity, don't you? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    I suppose when you like complete scores and explosions, all bets are off. I should be banished henceforth!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Now see, if it had been dinosaurs and explosions we would have found common ground again, but as it is...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Goonies

No matter how this films has aged, it doesn't age in appeal. Man, typical 80's charm, typical 80's fun, typical 80's style, the actors are cute, cool and funny (even though they are energetic as hell), the adventure is fun and exciting and the characters are diverse

+ what a great score from Grusin, I want this one released as well angry

Right on, Thomas! RIGHT. ON!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Are you stil reading Steven's posts?
    Surely anything he said or ever will say has been massively invalidated by his Philistinyness?

He is WRONG and EVIL.

I propose a stake.

A stake? Can I see the odds before placing a bet.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Now see, if it had been dinosaurs and explosions we would have found common ground again, but as it is...

WHAT!?! Dinosaurs?.... Explosions? Where man, WHERE!!!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. PawelStroinski wrote
    The Goonies was a very good movie! I grew up on it!

I think most of us grew up with these kinds of movies Pawel, so you can forgive Demetris for that bucket remark, he doesn't know better wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    A Christmas Carol

OK. Nothing special. Is irritating in places, and I still don't see the point of the motion capture, which never looks real but on the other hand doesn't have the stylised touches which make "proper" animation more palatable. Excellent score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Absolute Power
    Clint Eastwood directed flick with him playing a burglar who's witness to a murder with the President being involved. It follows the standard formula for such plots. The score (themes by Eastwood, orchestrated by Niehaus) is also generic stuff-- you don't remember a thing after it is all over. A decent watch but it's another walk down a beaten path.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Goonies

No matter how this films has aged, it doesn't age in appeal. Man, typical 80's charm, typical 80's fun, typical 80's style, the actors are cute, cool and funny (even though they are energetic as hell), the adventure is fun and exciting and the characters are diverse

+ what a great score from Grusin, I want this one released as well angry

8 out of 10 punk

Couldn't agree more. Very funny and entertaining movie, not a dull moment.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Saw it for the first time. Kinda what I expected. A bit depressing to see Indy as a 66-year old. Didn't think any of the characters had any charm. Too many unrealistic scenes. Not a very interesting story. I wouldn't call it terrible, but compared to the other movies it's charmless.

Rated it 5/10 on imdb.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote

Saw it for the first time. Kinda what I expected. A bit depressing to see Indy as a 66-year old. Didn't think any of the characters had any charm. Too many unrealistic scenes. Not a very interesting story. I wouldn't call it terrible, but compared to the other movies it's charmless.

Rated it 5/10 on imdb.

Peter smile

How about the score?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The score is charmless too. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Christodoulides wrote
    How about the score?

I have had the album for a while and I don't really care much about any of the new material. Seeing the movie didn't get me to appreciate the score more than before. It was omnipresent, but didn't leave any lasting impression, until the end credits where the good ole Indy theme got a nice rendition.

What do you think of it?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    plindboe wrote

Rated it 5/10 on imdb.

Peter smile

applause I will soon see same kind of disappointment with James Cameron's Avatar. sad
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  2. Hey Sunil, Indy IV was a continuation of a VERY beloved trilogy, so seeing how it turned out in the end, with the dull script and boring characters, disappointment was not unlikely. And Spielberg has shown to miss the ball completely in the past.

Avatar, on the other hand is a completely fresh film, with an interesting if not original storyline using state of the art technology, so I think this film will not disappoint at all. Given the director's credentials can you really have any doubt?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    The Fall
    Visually stunning with a riot of colors and splendid cinematography! And this is director Tarsem Singh's second film (first one was The Cell). Love it!
  3. Entourage Season 1

I've read many good things about it, and the concept looked intriguing so I had to check it out. Glad I did. It's such a well written, acted and incredibly funny show. Those 4 guys (two actors / brothers, a manager and a guy that follows them around lead a life that's the total opposite of mine, yet I can't stop being entertained by it all. We get to see how the actors land their roles, what people they meet, what babe-filled parties they go to, what fun they seem to be having 24/7. The referencing to movies, TV series, celebrities in general is where the fun lies for the viewer. The first season was short and sweet but knowing there are a couple more to delve into is no problem. I like how the profanity / nudity is not ignored either, which in turn makes it even better to watch. And the cameos are great. It's always cool to not know who you'll be seeing playing some outrageous character or simply themselves. I hope they keep em coming in the following seasons. Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold, the manager with the huge ego is a joy to watch. So is Kevin Dillon as the insecure, sometimes clumsy has-been actor that wants desperately to get back to the top.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I enjoyed Entourage but have only seen the first season.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    Back to the Future 2

It's nowhere near as good as the first one, but is still very good fun. Hadn't seen it in years!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Southall wrote
    Back to the Future 2

It's nowhere near as good as the first one, but is still very good fun. Hadn't seen it in years!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this movie. This is my all time favorite movie. In fact, i adore all the three films of BTTF.
  4. Isn't it the worst one of the trilogy?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Isn't it the worst one of the trilogy?

Not at all. All three movies are quite enjoyable. Of course, admiration and tastes differs from each other. According to me, BTTF 2 is damn good movie. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote

That was my recollection. I'll be watching part 3 tonight so will be able to confirm or deny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Part 2 is awesome. Part 3 is the weak one.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

That was my recollection. I'll be watching part 3 tonight so will be able to confirm or deny.

Hey, I like part 3 very much, especially last 20 minutes of the movie. I say you just fall in love with score. Don't miss it. smile
  5. I remember always preferring Part 3 to Part 2. Maybe because I love western parodies.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. Sunil wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Not at all. All three movies are quite enjoyable. Of course, admiration and tastes differs from each other. According to me, BTTF 2 is damn good movie. smile

indeed Sunil, all 3 movies have their charm. Back to the Future is of course untouchable, but number 2 has the amazing thing of going back to the end of 1, and taking a different perspective on it, while number 3 is the diverse one, and a fresh approach was perhaps necessary

anyway, BTTF 2 still has my favorite moment I think, when Marty realizes at the end that there is only one man that can help him: And then BOOM, that main theme is heard so powerfully over the rescue attempt of Doc

Fuckin amazing punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Part 2 is awesome. Part 3 is the weak one.

Peter smile

How can you call BTTF III weak when it contains that thrilling train sequence.

Part II suffers from a very slow moving second act. But once Doc and Marty head back to 1955 it's great to see Zemeckis integrate all of those classic scenes from the first film into the second. And recreating the skateboard chase in 2015 Hill Valley was a stroke genius!

BTW, has any one seen THIS! A comparison of the ending of Back to the Future Part 1 and the beginning of Back to the Future Part 2. Since the original Jennifer didn't return for Part II the filmmakers had to reshoot this sequence with Elizabeth Shue.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    The third one is my favourite one. Weak.... honestly!