• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Part 2 is awesome. Part 3 is the weak one.

Peter smile

BTW, has any one seen THIS! A comparison of the ending of Back to the Future Part 1 and the beginning of Back to the Future Part 2. Since the original Jennifer didn't return for Part II the filmmakers had to reshoot this sequence with Elizabeth Shue.

-Erik-

nice, very well done smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    How can you call BTTF III weak when it contains that thrilling train sequence.

I agree that the ending is great. I meant in comparison to the two first movies. It's the weakest of the bunch, imo, and looking at imdb, it is indeed the one with the lowest average rating.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I agree that the ending is great. I meant in comparison to the two first movies. It's the weakest of the bunch, imo, and looking at imdb, it is indeed the one with the lowest average rating.

Peter smile

Too bad really because I think BTTF III is a breath of fresh air. What a shocker it was to see the Back to The Future III trailer at the end of Part II. No way did anyone see this trilogy end in the wild west. IMHO, it was another stroke of genius on the part of Zemeckis and Bob Gale to go this route! It just as witty as the original and just as thrilling!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love all three BTTF films, super entertainment that just wipes away all your troubles for a few hours, along with the likes of Indiana Jones, Star Wars and some of the Bond films it's just pure popcorn entertainment of the highest calibre. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    I love all three BTTF films, super entertainment that just wipes away all your troubles for a few hours, along with the likes of Indiana Jones, Star Wars and some of the Bond films it's just pure popcorn entertainment of the highest calibre. cool

beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    Jeux d'Enfants (Love me if you dare)
    Saw this one because of the score by Rombi. The movie stars Guillaume Canet and Marion Cotillard who continue their dare-you-to-do-this games well beyond their brattish childhood. It's fun in parts and crazy in others.

Banlieue 13 (District B 13)
    Plenty of action in this Luc Besson story. A powerful bomb is holed up in a Paris ghetto and it's up to a tag team of a super cop and an escaped convict to make their way thru the heavily guarded lair and save the day. It's all mindless fun. Parkour expert David Belle, and Cyril Raffaelli are amazing to watch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Too bad really because I think BTTF III is a breath of fresh air. What a shocker it was to see the Back to The Future III trailer at the end of Part II. No way did anyone see this trilogy end in the wild west. IMHO, it was another stroke of genius on the part of Zemeckis and Bob Gale to go this route! It just as witty as the original and just as thrilling!

An average of 7 on imdb isn't something to feel bad about though, that's a very decent rating.

I think I will see these movies again, been years since I last saw them. Will rent all three and buy a ton of popcorn, that should make a great evening.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Watching Michael J. Fox always makes me a little fidgety. Every role he plays displays this kind of "hyper" quality, like he's been on too much coffee for too long.

(I don't think he was already suffering from Parkinson's by then, was he? That would obviously explain the constant twitching and fidgetting)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Watching Michael J. Fox always makes me a little fidgety. Every role he plays displays this kind of "hyper" quality, like he's been on too much coffee for too long.

(I don't think he was already suffering from Parkinson's by then, was he? That would obviously explain the constant twitching and fidgetting)

Or been onto something........erm, else.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote

Parkinson's started taking its toll after filming the final BTTF.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite by accident I caught him on Oprah the other day.
    Nigh made me cry, but I'm thoroughly impressed by his continuous energetic optimism. What a guy!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It amazes me really. My father had Parkinson's and he died within three or fours years of being diagnosed - just made him completely waste away. When was MJF diagnosed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I just watched the BBC's recent 'Intelligence Squared' debate on the Catholic Church (link), featuring Stephen Fry, Christopher Hitchens, Anne Widdecombe and Archbishop John Onaiyekan.

Stephen Fry is excellent. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Indeed he is! I have adored his voice through many audio books! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. I've always enjoyed all three BTTF movies. Very enjoyable series. They're not always perfect, but they're great popcorn.
    My favourite moment in the three movies - when 1955 Doc celebrates Marty's return to 1985 in the re-played sequence, but this time, he doesn't realise Marty's running up the street behind him. Great moment!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've always enjoyed all three BTTF movies. Very enjoyable series. They're not always perfect, but they're great popcorn.
    My favourite moment in the three movies - when 1955 Doc celebrates Marty's return to 1985 in the re-played sequence, but this time, he doesn't realise Marty's running up the street behind him. Great moment!

That's the best "Great Scott!" of the series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Isn't it the worst one of the trilogy?

That was my recollection. I'll be watching part 3 tonight so will be able to confirm or deny.

Back to the Future Part III

Excellent fun. Much preferred it to the weaker second entry - though it's not as good as the first. By far the best score of the series - while it's still so mickey-mousey that it would be hard to describe it as having true musical value for much of it, it's certainly classier than its predecessors and the two big new themes Silvestri introduced are fantastic and of course the classic BTTF theme is there too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Peter smile

I personally don't give much importance to rating that has given IMDB or anywhere else. Honestly, i respect other opinions. Eventually, my decision would be final. According to me. Back to the Future has some great moments like train sequence as Erik said in above message. BTTF III is completely enjoyable. I enjoyed every moment of the movie. The highlight of the movie is of course, the last 15 minutes of breath taking train sequence. So, i decided to watch this trilogy this weekend at my home. smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

That was my recollection. I'll be watching part 3 tonight so will be able to confirm or deny.

Excellent fun. Much preferred it to the weaker second entry - though it's not as good as the first. By far the best score of the series - while it's still so mickey-mousey that it would be hard to describe it as having true musical value for much of it, it's certainly classier than its predecessors and the two big new themes Silvestri introduced are fantastic and of course the classic BTTF theme is there too.

Have you reviewed this score?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Stop saying good things about Back To The Future. You're scaring me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sunil wrote
    Southall wrote
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Have you reviewed this score?

It was one of the first scores CDs I ever bought. I'm sure I reviewed it once, but that review has been lost. I'll do it again some day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Henry Poole Was Here

I love movies with that Frank Capra-esque quality. This one is such a film. Life- and faith-affirming, funny and moving.
    However I didn't like the happy-end-for-all ending. For me a bit more dramatic ending would have improved the movie. But apart from that, a nice watch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009 edited
    Hostage
    Bruce Willis cop flick. Same old stuff but it's still entertaining. Desplat's score has some similarities with his French work (Nid de Guepes, Une Chance Sur Deux). It's quite good but those child-wordless-vocals are getting cliched.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    The Mummy starring Lee and Cushing. A well done horror thriller.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This remake took some of the storyline from the Universal Mummy series using the Banning character.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

Franz Reizenstein's score is awesome! My favourite of any 'Mummy' film but at the same time not comparable to the Indiana Jonesesque antics of the Goldsmith and Silvestri scored films simply due to the fact that it's straight forward traditional horror rather than action adventure.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    10,000BC

Tripe. Absolute tripe. 0/10
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    Banlieue 13 (District B 13)
    Plenty of action in this Luc Besson story. A powerful bomb is holed up in a Paris ghetto and it's up to a tag team of a super cop and an escaped convict to make their way thru the heavily guarded lair and save the day. It's all mindless fun. Parkour expert David Belle, and Cyril Raffaelli are amazing to watch!

indeed cool movie, and very hard hitting action, we're gonna watch the sequel this afternoon punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    10,000BC

Tripe. Absolute tripe. 0/10

Why?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote

Franz Reizenstein's score is awesome! My favourite of any 'Mummy' film but at the same time not comparable to the Indiana Jonesesque antics of the Goldsmith and Silvestri scored films simply due to the fact that it's straight forward traditional horror rather than action adventure.

Couldn't agree more about the score. Well done. A couple of holes in the screenplay but a lot of fun.