• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It works awfully in the movie though, except Chevaliers de Sangreal.

I do adore the album, some of the best music Zimmer has ever written, on a purely technical level, I think.

Really? I think it's fine in the film too.
    it's awkward to me to read such comments since i loved both films and the way the scores worked in them
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Nope sorry, Largo Winch wins.

Although not the second. Funnily that's my least favourite Desplat score.
    not surprising coming from you a powell fan smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011 edited
    bear mccreary - human target

I have to say i found it rather overwhelming and too much on the double cd but having seen a couple of episodes of the series on tv (not a fan of it though) i was impressed with the ballsy and traditional way he approached this. Kudos
  1. NP: Yor, Hunter from the Future (John Scott)

Not always that interesting (the main theme doesn't make an appearance except during the main and end credits), but there's some nice stuff in this one. The Overlord March is catchy as hell, and returns several times. The stuff from Guido & Maurizio De Angelis is absolutely appalling from time to time, and is a joke compared to the Golden Age stuff of Scott
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Yor, Hunter from the Future (John Scott)

Not always that interesting (the main theme doesn't make an appearance except during the main and end credits), but there's some nice stuff in this one. The Overlord March is catchy as hell, and returns several times. The stuff from Guido & Maurizio De Angelis is absolutely appalling from time to time, and is a joke compared to the Golden Age stuff of Scott

Has anyone seen YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE? I don't know anyone who's seen YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, I'd like to know if YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE is worth seeing? Or is YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE so bad that nobody should even think of seeing YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, your opinions on YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE would be appreciated.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    Mars Needs Moms John Powell

My favourite score of the year so far. 'Gribble's Loss' and 'The Sacrifice' are probably some of the most poignent pieces of music I've heard from Powell. I'd have a hard time choosing between this and How To Train Your Dragon... I fear I may be alone in that respect (this has a much better recording at least).

The movie has some TRULY WONDERFUL moments of pathos and poignancy. Very enjoyable.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STOP THE PLANET OF THE APES, I FEEL ILL - Danny Elfman

Great main titles but I can't put up with much of it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Probably one of the most over hyped Elfman scores out there.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Has anyone seen YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE? I don't know anyone who's seen YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, I'd like to know if YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE is worth seeing? Or is YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE so bad that nobody should even think of seeing YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, your opinions on YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE would be appreciated.

I don't think anyone survived to tell?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    Probably one of the most over hyped Elfman scores out there.

That would be Edward Crappyhands, Nightmare before every cd session of Christmas, and Mars Attacks! through speakers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't think anyone survived to tell?

That makes sense.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I've seen YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE but it's not as good as YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE PART II which in turn is much better than the awfully atrocious YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE PART III and its direct-to-dvd sequel YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE, HE'S BACK WITH A VENGEANCE AND READY TO KICK SOME BUTT.

I've heard they're talking about doing a spin-off film, can't remember the name but I'm sure YOR, HUNTER and FUTURE is in there somewhere.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Explorers - Jezza G

The expanded version. I like it. Do I like it as much as the unexpanded version? No, probably not. Waste of money, in other words.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yor.

YOR.

Hilarious. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW - OSCAR ARAUJO

OK guys, if you haven't heard the full score of this you're missing out BIG TIME !!!!!! If you thought only 66 minutes of this was good, there is a gamerip out there which has about an hour more of truly splendid battle music and choral awesomeness. I'm not kidding, it's bloody fantastic to hear something of this magnitude. This guy has single-handedly written THE LORD OF THE RINGS for the videogame medium. I'm so hoping there will be a 'Castlevania: The Two Towers' and 'Castevania: The Return of the Lord of Shadow' one day. smile

I'm enjoying my very own two discs (over two hours) of some of the most rousing and incredible symphonic music I've ever heard. Go hunt for it now. Or give my a ring and I'll see if I can upload my version of it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    You intrugue me! cheesy
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is it as good as YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE?
  4. Stavroula wrote
    You intrugue me! cheesy

When I put it in big lettering like that I will intrigue one or two members here at least! tongue
  5. Timmer wrote
    Is it as good as YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE?

Probably not, but hey, what the hell beats YOR anyway...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    What's Yor's is mine.

I can't imagine YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE agreeing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    You intrugue me! cheesy

Quite contrarily to me who -having actually listened to the score- remains untrigued.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    NP : STOP THE PLANET OF THE APES, I FEEL ILL - Danny Elfman

Great main titles but I can't put up with much of it.

I love this from beginning to end. One of the best he's done in the last 10-15 years, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: LE CINEMA DE... (Georges Delerue)

The superb 6CD set. Gets a lot of spins over here...or rather, the iTunes-converted files do. The box itself is falling apart at the seams and must remain on the shelf.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good stuff, innit? cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Southall wrote
    Explorers - Jezza G

The expanded version. I like it. Do I like it as much as the unexpanded version? No, probably not. Waste of money, in other words.

But what about finally having ......ah forget it. sad
  6. Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    You intrugue me! cheesy

Quite contrarily to me who -having actually listened to the score- remains untrigued.

face-palm-mt

You must have listened to the MIDI-version then... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christodoulides wrote
    bear mccreary - human target

I have to say i found it rather overwhelming and too much on the double cd but having seen a couple of episodes of the series on tv (not a fan of it though) i was impressed with the ballsy and traditional way he approached this. Kudos

I love it! This is right up there with the very best of scores written for television!

NP: The Cape - Bear McCreary

Once again, I love it! This is right up there with the very best of scores written for television!
    Superb, richly orchestrated scoring in the Shirley Walker Batman, The Flash style and more!
  7. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    What's Yor's is mine.

I can't imagine YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE agreeing.

Yor all being quite silly. But this is MT after all. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    You intrugue me! cheesy

face-palm-mt

You must have listened to the MIDI-version then... rolleyes

No, I just thought it's your usual set of Sturm und Drang again.
    Loads of massive cues with thousand-head choir and a twohundred-head orchestra going full-out on ideas that are generally not too intriguing.

I'm sure it works a treat in the game, though.
    But I didn't find much originality anywhere.
    Don't get me wrong: it isn't bad! And it's a fun listen.
    It's just not really ...well...good.