• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. NP: Until September (John Barry)
    Striking new score from the composer will hopefully prove a revolution in film music, restoring long line melody to the list of 'top 10 film composer techniques'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    Water for Elephants - James Newton Howard

When it seems that the score takes a step forward in terms of approval, then it takes one step back. Not great overall but it is a pleasant listen.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Until September (John Barry)
    Striking new score from the composer will hopefully prove a revolution in film music, restoring long line melody to the list of 'top 10 film composer techniques'.

If only!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  2. Southall wrote
    John who?

John Woo?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I think as a baby you were all shaken. Not stirred.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. NP: "Main Titles" - The Final Conflict - Jerry Goldsmith

...then bed!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: "Main Titles" - The Final Conflict
    ...then bed!

Story of my life! rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Neilbucket wrote
    NP: The Thing (Marco Beltrami) - Very good score which is high praise considering how much I adore Morricone's score for the 1982 film (which is my all-time favourite horror film).

How does it compare to the perfect "don't be afraid of the dark"? Don't tell me it's even better 'cause that's a very hard score to beat smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    Christodoulides wrote
    Neilbucket wrote
    NP: The Thing (Marco Beltrami) - Very good score which is high praise considering how much I adore Morricone's score for the 1982 film (which is my all-time favourite horror film).

How does it compare to the perfect "don't be afraid of the dark"? Don't tell me it's even better 'cause that's a very hard score to beat smile

I don't have Don't be Afraid of the Dark yet, but from the samples I have listened to, I don't think The Thing score would be as good, though The Thing is more aggresive than reflective. I am eager to see how each server the films though.
    Insert witty line here
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Neilbucket wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Neilbucket wrote

I don't have Don't be Afraid of the Dark yet, but from the samples I have listened to, I don't think The Thing score would be as good, though The Thing is more aggresive than reflective. I am eager to see how each server the films though.

A-ha, more standard horror score then? Don't be afraid of the dark is full of melodies!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SUNSHINE (John Murphy)

Excellent, dark, ambient score for a really underrated film.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    NP: SUNSHINE (John Murphy)

Excellent, dark, ambient score for a really underrated film.

I really enjoyed the first two thirds of the film. The last act stinks! Solid score though!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mouse Hunt - Alan Silvestri

A joy from start to finish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    One of his all time best scores!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    Wrong. His best score. Followed closely by Judge Dredd, which I happened to be listening to earlier today. Bloody brilliant. What ballsy action music and what a recording!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Wrong. His best score. Followed closely by Judge Dredd, which I happened to be listening to earlier today. Bloody brilliant. What ballsy action music and what a recording!

WRONG!

Except you are right about the recording.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I quite like Captain America.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But then there's nobody quite like you.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Anthony wrote

That's kind of like saying "Innerspace" is Jerry's best score.

Not so fast, speedy.....
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote

If there are, I haven't met them since they're all too scared of exceedingly handsome people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

If there are, I haven't met them since they're all too scared of exceedingly handsome people.

I know.
    We exceedingly handsome people are odd like that.
    Except obviously I'm nothing like you.
    ...which would logically mean...
    No.
    Wait.
    Obviously your logic is flawed.

NP: Mars Needs Moms - John Powell
    As you youngsters say: this is rather awesome.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

I know.
    We exceedingly handsome people are odd like that.
    Except obviously I'm nothing like you.
    ...which would logically mean...
    No.
    Wait.
    Obviously your logic is flawed.

We should hang out.

NP: Mars Needs Moms - John Powell
    As you youngsters say: this is rather awesome.

We should definitely hang out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And make out too ? As two obviously handsome men ? Want comPany ? You know third up the team ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavi already said no I'm afraid. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But D.... we'll all go to hell! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steve ! You punani traitor!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steve ! You punani traitor!

Obviously hanging out.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Tamara Drewe - Desplat

Meh. Desplat is better with drama and action than with comedy.
  7. But then again, I don't generally listen to comedy scores anyway. >_>